Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Any Mavericks issues or doubts? Ask guys..

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

aben2amu

aben2amu

MacOS Section Moderator

• 84 posts

If you guys upgraded to Mavericks and have issues, doubts or problems, please post them here.

Thanks,

AJ

• dave, cognizione, spiderone and 1 other like this

2rnvlky.png

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,615 posts

Thanks AJ!  :headbang:

I'd have expected to see a lot more activity here, but that may be due to my ignorance of Mac OS.

I tried OSX a few years back on a hackintosh PC I put together for long enough to see it wasn't my cup 'o tea.  :biggrin:

dave%20green%20sig.png

sjprg

sjprg

GFX & Images Related Software Expert

• Global Moderator
  • 1,785 posts

I have a MACBOOKPRO which I figure either works or doesn't. The few problems I had with its simplistic interface got me no help from Apple so I just report them and wait for the fix which comes eventually (weeks to months). It a good light unit to throw in the trunk of the car for travel. For what it does it does well for the most part being designed for consumers whom 90% wouldn't know an industrial app if they saw one. Not to disparage them, its just that they don't need that kind of capability. To quote Jobs speaking to me."I get what I want and I don't care what you want or need"  Since they now glue them together so they are nearly impossible to repair they have become completely consumer throw away items.

• Sandwichman likes this

Posted Image
Paul

spiderone

spiderone

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 94 posts

I am trying to install Max OS at here  but this is password protected.. sorry been ignorend not to find a password

actually have already mawericks for dual boot but have trouble installing on an old pc (5Years) ..

need a few lead

stay tuned

here we go or here we died, choice is yours!

2woy83b.png

sjprg

sjprg

• Global Moderator
  • 1,785 posts
One problem I have with my 2010 MBP and 10.9 is that it drops my SMB connection to my server overnight so my Image backup program SynKit fails to backup because it can't find the server. I have to manually use the "GO" tab and reconnect the server and then SynKit works but of course I have to hit run manually.
Perhaps I should not complain as it took Apple almost a year and a half to even get SMB to work at all.
Regards
Paul
  • dave likes this

Posted Image
Paul

aben2amu

aben2amu

MacOS Section Moderator

• 84 posts

One problem I have with my 2010 MBP and 10.9 is that it drops my SMB connection to my server overnight so my Image backup program SynKit fails to backup because it can't find the server. I have to manually use the "GO" tab and reconnect the server and then SynKit works but of course I have to hit run manually.
Perhaps I should not complain as it took Apple almost a year and a half to even get SMB to work at all.
Regards
Paul

Are you using SynKit instead of Time Machine?

• dave likes this

2rnvlky.png

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,615 posts

Thanks aben2amu for your help and advise. I not only got the Macbook w/ OS X 10.6.8 upgraded to OS X 10.9.1 cleanly and restored apps, Docs, and media with Time Machine, but have a nice Mavericks VM that runs in both my Windows 8.1 WMC and WS Server 2012R2 dual boot.

A lot of fun, but definitely not my cup o' tea, as a main OS.

What's with the names of all the 3rd party software? I can never figure out what each is for without looking!  :histerija:  Just kidding!

• Bruce and Maxed like this

dave%20green%20sig.png

sjprg

sjprg

• Global Moderator
  • 1,785 posts
SynKit is to syncronize OSx to MS, and works through the SMB. Time machine does not work across platforms AFIK.
Regards
Paul
  • dave likes this

Posted Image
Paul

aben2amu

aben2amu

MacOS Section Moderator

• 84 posts

SynKit is to syncronize OSx to MS, and works through the SMB. Time machine does not work across platforms AFIK.
Regards
Paul

Gotcha... Unfortunately I cannot help you with that.

• Maxed likes this

2rnvlky.png

KB007

KB007

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 160 posts

I'm having a problem since updating to Yosemite, little snitch doesnt work.

Does anyone have a good mac torrent site? all mine old ones are gone

regards

KB007

• dave and Maxed like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users