Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

lost pass word on macbook [Solved]

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

billydong

billydong

Sr Member

• BeyondWindows9 Lover
  • 152 posts
i have a friend who owns a macbook he has lost the pass word to get into itis ther any software or way to bypass this and reset password and how does he get into bios i or him dont have a clue wen it comes to macs any help wuld b great please as he is sat here nearly crying :histerija:
  • chaspensplin likes this

BW9loverSmall_zps4a7056be.png

slacker

slacker

Dain Bramaged ɔǝlɐ ʇɹɐɯs

• BW9 Donator +
  • 1,646 posts
Sorry, the only Mac I know about is the Big Mac burger.  :lol:

o89e9t.png

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,844 posts
Wat We Win7VistaMac now?  :histerija:

Posted Image

dave%20green%20sig.png

billydong

billydong

Sr Member

• BeyondWindows9 Lover
  • 152 posts
ok chaps thanks for the positive replys and help took me hours to go through them all and finally sussed it out :biggrin: win7mac all the way!!!!!!!

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,844 posts
I seriously meant no disrespect. I'm just stupid about Mac, since PC person. I've only installed Mac on one PC and waz bored to death after 2 weeks.

dave%20green%20sig.png

dialinking

dialinking

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 12 posts

i have a friend who owns a macbook he has lost the pass word to get into itis ther any software or way to bypass this and reset password and how does he get into bios i or him dont have a clue wen it comes to macs any help wuld b great please as he is sat here nearly crying :histerija:

The quickest way to reset the password is to boot off the original install disk of what ever version his macbook came with. Have the disk in the drive, then boot the mac (not so much a kick) by hitting the power button and press and hold down the "c" key on the keyboard when you hear the startup tone (different keys allow you to boot in many different options.

Another way is to press the following keys at boot-up: "Option-Command-Shift-Delete" to boot off another device such as a firewire drive.

When the installer screen shows up (Give it a few minutes as it takes some time). Then choose Utilities on the menu and you will see the option for "Reset Password"

Then just quit the installer and boot up normally...

Nice and easy - there are other ways if you can enable the root user and reset the password(s) for the accounts in question - but the install disk is the easiest way.

Good Luck  :occasion14:

flg2rq.png

slacker

slacker

Dain Bramaged ɔǝlɐ ʇɹɐɯs

• BW9 Donator +
  • 1,646 posts
Me and Dave give great Mac advice... buy PC!  :histerija: :histerija:  If we don't know... we just don't know. :P  I didn't see a lot of other replies either. So I would take Dialinking's advice on this one.  :razz:

o89e9t.png

jncash

jncash

• BW9 Donator +
  • 21 posts
Yes as a earlier poster noted - use the mac disk to - you should be able to reset the password, I also agree about the comment that MAC is a boring operating system.  Peace and good luck

2hmk09c.png

Free your Mind
        and
Your A*s will follow!

billydong

billydong

Sr Member

• BeyondWindows9 Lover
  • 152 posts
i dont no if u people read rong but its not my mac i agree ther is nuthin good about macs,i was just tryin to help a freind and i no ther r sum people on here that no wat ther talkin about,but not all,hes sorted it its fine thanks ps i no ther r spellin mistakes cheers!!!!! :lol:

jhalsted

jhalsted

• BW9 Donator +
  • 1 posts

cmd-s
/sbin/fsck -y [Enter]
/sbin/mount -uaw [Enter]
rm /var/db/.applesetupdone [Enter]
reboot [Enter]

Cidknee

Cidknee

• Members
  • 1 posts
you can also download a program called NT offline password something. Sorry have a cold, head isnt working right. Make a boot cd an it kills all passwords.
Kinda neat

eXcalibre

eXcalibre

• BeyondWindows9 Lover
  • 43 posts
This is how i do it too.. so i concur - remove the file and run through setup of the account again (very insecure OS in this way)

cmd-s
/sbin/fsck -y [Enter]
/sbin/mount -uaw [Enter]
rm /var/db/.applesetupdone [Enter]
reboot [Enter]

Common Sense.... A Shame it's not too common these days.

billydong

billydong

Sr Member

• BeyondWindows9 Lover
  • 152 posts
thanks for all the help,this problem is solved :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users