Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

NetRunner 14 Frontier

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Dahaka

Dahaka

Backup & HDD Tools Moderator

• 3,750 posts

@ Sandwichman

Looks get old really fast - so if you like paying for free software, nothing stops you - go ahead, pay the Zorin Developers for the premium version. Unfortunately, too many people have had bad experiences with unstable drivers and functionality - I believe that this would be rather unacceptable, since we have NetRunner for free, works out of the box, better stability, it comes with a LOT of apps and you are not required to pay for it - in the long run, NetRunner is a winner. Zorin OS tries to copy-cat Mac OS or Windows 8 default theme - which is not exactly an example of creativity. But that's just my review of the situation.

• dave, cognizione and handybreak like this

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,993 posts

I honestly hafta agree with you Dahaka, since I ran ZorinOS & Netrunner for several weeks side by side, and found Netrunner 14 'the winner of the space' contest. I liked it's packaged out-of-the-box software & experience, and with the Muon Discovery was able to find what ever else I wanted, with exception of a couple items, but a little research got them as well.

• cognizione, Dahaka and handybreak like this

l8Ea9q8f.png

Sorry, my 3,384 images hosted with Dropbox will no longer show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users