Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Free Cryptolocker Fix

Cryptolocker fix. Free.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Maxed

Maxed

SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 8,856 posts

Free Cryptolocker Fix

Security company Fox-IT is one of the companies that has been involved in the consortium of security companies attempting cracking the current version of Crytolocker and has reported its remarkable success to the BBC.

Cryptolocker is the widely reported ransomware that silently encrypts users’ data with military grade encryption before demanding payment to decrypt the data. The program is particularly invidious as it targets files likely to be most important to the user such as pictures and document files.

The FBI has identified Russian man Evgeniy Bogachev as the ringleader behind Cryptolocker and online banking malware Gameover Zeus but as yet been unable to take action against him.

Not only has security consortium now cracked Cryptolocker but they’ve managed to work out all the keys and placed a new service online which will reveal the codes for free. This enables all of the estimated 500,000 infected users to recover all their data without paying the ransom to the malware distributors.

Anyone wishing to use the free decryption service can visit http://www.decryptcryptolocker.com/ and get their decryption key for free.

The BBC discusses this story further here:  http://www.bbc.com/n...nology-28661463

Source  http://www.myce.com/...eSpeed=noscript

• Neige, hacktrix2006, volvo and 10 others like this

YOHAE9jH.png

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,993 posts

Thanks Maxed!  :headbang:

It's nice to see the Security teams win one once ina while.  :biggrin:

• alfreire, apocalypse and Maxed like this

l8Ea9q8f.png

Sorry, my 3,384 images hosted with Dropbox will no longer show.

Maxed

Maxed

SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 8,856 posts

Thanks Maxed!  :headbang:

It's nice to see the Security teams win one once ina while.  :biggrin:

Amen to that statement. :)

• dave and alfreire like this

YOHAE9jH.png

hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006

• BW9 Donator +
  • 667 posts

Nice one, Nice share OP will defo bookmark that page!

• dave, alfreire, cognizione and 1 other like this

lhrPKEph.png

My Current Gaming System

MSI GT72 6QD: Intel i7 6700HQ, 32GB DDR4, 256GB Samsung nVME SM951, 2x 1TB SanDisk X400 M.2, 1TB Hitachi HDD, 1TB Seagate HDD @7200RPM, nVidia GTX970M 6GB, Realtek 898 ALC with Nahimic and Dynaudio Speakers. Windows 10 Home OEM:DM upgrade to Windows 10 Pro (Legit). 230w PSU.

Danielx64

Danielx64

• Global Moderator
  • 1,511 posts
Thank you :)
  • dave, alfreire, cognizione and 1 other like this

pFAfoZEK.png

Casey Stellar

Casey Stellar

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 883 posts

Damn that. I say go over there and stomp him.

• alfreire and Maxed like this

Posted Image

Maxed

Maxed

SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 8,856 posts

Damn that. I say go over there and stomp him.

We all took a Vote and we nominate you to do it....I hear the labor camps in siberia are very cold.. :histerija: :histerija: :histerija:

• dave, alfreire and Casey Stellar like this

YOHAE9jH.png

Casey Stellar

Casey Stellar

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 883 posts

We all took a Vote and we nominate you to do it....I hear the labor camps in siberia are very cold.. :histerija: :histerija: :histerija:

I humbly accept. I will accomplish this mission.

We need a tea sipping emote.

• dave, alfreire and Maxed like this

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users