Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Backup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Devin D

Devin D

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 376 posts
Hey all.

I want to backup my Windows XP system and beable to search throw the back up for file i need.
Like I wanna be able recovery only one file with out haveing to restore the while backup
What back up program can I use to do this?

Thanks

ao4xe9.png

jonesjw362

jonesjw362

• Members
  • 30 posts
have you tried backing up the image as a.VHD file ?
then mount it using virtual pc ?
im not sure if it would then allow you to view the files individually as i have never tried it

hope this helps.. or not  :P

Posted Image

YankeesPwnMets

YankeesPwnMets

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 283 posts

Hey all.

I want to backup my Windows XP system and beable to search throw the back up for file i need.
Like I wanna be able recovery only one file with out haveing to restore the while backup
What back up program can I use to do this?

Thanks

You could use MyOldPCs program from the creators of VMlite (but you need to request and beta copy) or use this
http://beyondwindows...87.msg65499#new

rlgd2t.png

ZooBaAr

ZooBaAr

• Members
  • 16 posts
My personal favourite B/U is Shadow Protect. after imaging you can then mount the image as a virtual drive and manipulate files as you would any other drive. Acronis will do that too but i did not appreciate how  Acronis inserted itself into my system, made it tough to remove.
s
Yes I am an agent of Satan but my duties are largely ceremonial.
Minions Wanted. Must have own transportation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users