Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Xposed Installer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

roady

roady

General Help

• Global Moderator
  • 3,198 posts

This is a framework for rooted devices to add a lot of functionality which otherwise wouldn't be easy to add or manage:

http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.robv.android.xposed.installer

You'll find a lot of stuff  of which you'd hardly believe that all this was possible or hidden on the Android OS,:

http://repo.xposed.info/module-overview

1 of my personal favorites is XPrivacy:

http://repo.xposed.info/module/biz.bokhorst.xprivacy

it allows you to modify apps permissions for systemr access and privacy..... :headbang:

• dave, Tetley, Dahaka and 3 others like this

nda92u.png

Motto of the Malinois Shepherd : 'Semper fi.'till my death does us part.'

hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006

• BW9 Donator +
  • 667 posts

I use this myself on my New Moto G 4G and Nvidia Tegra Note 7. AppOpsXposed is the best app for permissions BTW as it allows you to completely switch off access to certain things. Facebook messenger was my first victim LOL.

My setup on both Devices is

GravityBox [KK]

AppOpsXposed

Advance Power Menu

UnbelovedHosts

• dave, Dahaka, Maxed and 1 other like this

lhrPKEph.png

My Current Gaming System

MSI GT72 6QD: Intel i7 6700HQ, 32GB DDR4, 256GB Samsung nVME SM951, 2x 1TB SanDisk X400 M.2, 1TB Hitachi HDD, 1TB Seagate HDD @7200RPM, nVidia GTX970M 6GB, Realtek 898 ALC with Nahimic and Dynaudio Speakers. Windows 10 Home OEM:DM upgrade to Windows 10 Pro (Legit). 230w PSU.

Hottwire

Hottwire

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 280 posts

I don't know why but on the 2/3 times i've tried Xposed i only add Advanced Power Menu, Crappalinks rootcloak and Gravitybox (KK) but i see a ridiculous drain in battery. So find myself removing Xposed very shortly afterwards.

• Maxed and roady like this

2nk7u55.png

roady

roady

General Help

• Global Moderator
  • 3,198 posts

I don't know why but on the 2/3 times i've tried Xposed i only add Advanced Power Menu, Crappalinks rootcloak and Gravitybox (KK) but i see a ridiculous drain in battery. So find myself removing Xposed very shortly afterwards.

I have no idea why that happens,and TBH,I don't keep an eye on my battery drain that much,since I use an extended battery for my Note 2.... :mrgreen:

http://zerolemon.com/product/zerolemon-samsung-galaxy-note-ii-9300mah-extended-battery-black-tpu-full-edge-protection-case/

Usually I get about 3 days of juice,so battery usage goes mostly unnoticed by me... :shy:

My Xposed apps:

Advanced Power Menu

App settings

AppOpsXposed

Bluetooth Toolkit

Enable Camera on Lockscreen

Google Offline Voice

Greenify

Never Sleep

Quick Access

Root Cloack

SwiftKey Goodness

Theftie

Wanam Xposed

Xprivacy

Youtube AdAway

I think I'll never buy an Android phone with an OS version which is unsupported by Xposed Installer.... :mrgreen:  :headbang:

nda92u.png

hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006

• BW9 Donator +
  • 667 posts

Have you updated to the latest version of Xposed as i am running with no issues on my Tegra Note 7 or Moto G 4G no battery drain at all.

he only thing i can think of is crappalinks might be causing the issue give it a shot with that module disabled or removed.

lhrPKEph.png

My Current Gaming System

MSI GT72 6QD: Intel i7 6700HQ, 32GB DDR4, 256GB Samsung nVME SM951, 2x 1TB SanDisk X400 M.2, 1TB Hitachi HDD, 1TB Seagate HDD @7200RPM, nVidia GTX970M 6GB, Realtek 898 ALC with Nahimic and Dynaudio Speakers. Windows 10 Home OEM:DM upgrade to Windows 10 Pro (Legit). 230w PSU.

Hottwire

Hottwire

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 280 posts

It seems to be more GravityBox. Was using the latest version when i last tried i've since removed it as i can't deal with 10 hours of life with moderate use when without Xposed I can get 12-15 hours with moderate use.

But i will note my phone is a Nexus 5

2nk7u55.png

roady

roady

General Help

• Global Moderator
  • 3,198 posts

as i can't deal with 10 hours of life with moderate use when without Xposed I can get 12-15 hours with moderate use.

But i will note my phone is a Nexus 5

Seems that although it's a great smartphone,the Nexus 5's battery isn't exactly a strong point :

http://www.techradar...194974/review/4

Ever thought about getting an extended battery?? :)

• dave likes this

nda92u.png

Hottwire

Hottwire

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 280 posts

To change the battery is  a nightmare, no easy access to case without tools. Then LG/Google know you've got in as there is a seal for warranty that gets broke when you open the back. To top it off you need to get a load of boards out to change the battery if i recall correctly.

If the next Nexus comes out in Oct/Nov I'll be getting that anyways.

• Maxed likes this

2nk7u55.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users