* move, remove or rename menuentries (they stey updatable by update-grub)
* edit the contents of menuentries or create new ones (internally it edits the 40_custom)
* support for GRUB2 and BURG
* reinstallation of the bootloader to MBR
* settings like default operating system, kernel params, background image and text colors etc.
* changing the installed operating system by running on a live cd
This PPA contains the latest release of Grub Customizer.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:danielrichter2007/grub-customizer
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install grub-customizer
dave notes: This worked well on Netrunner 14 grub 2 with editing w/o all the PITA commands & cleaned up all the entries that I would NEVER use and reset the list names & default boot order to what I wished.
Windows 7 x64
Netrunner 14 x64
Let's keep it simple.