Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

massive video driver problem

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

confused

confused

• Members (inactive)
  • 29 posts

Long story sorry, I'll try to make it short as possible

I bought a computer last year, sept 2013

A customized toshiba satellite p70-A serial number 8D154189C

Yes I posted about a problem not too long ago

It was fine for maybe a month, then the blue screen started

It wasnt happening to often and when it did I would look up the problem and download new driver

It was 4 months ago or so that it was happening more and more

I contacted toshiba tried to get help, they suck in the help department

I even tried to send in the computer but me being me I remove stickers and even though I told them when I called and set things up that I removed the sticker, they said go ahead send it in no problem

Well it was a problem they wouldnt even look at the computer , said I voided the warranty because I removed a sticker

Fine

So I went and got a new hard drive and win 7 instead of win 8 , didnt like 8 anyway

Well you guys here helped me get 7 installed and up and running thanks again by the way

But it just keeps happening

I keep getting blue screens

new hard drive win 7 , if i put in the old hard drive it still happens

I use whocrashed to get the info from the blue screen

everything leads back to the video drivers

By suggestion of a few of you on this site I made sure to get the older driver for my nvidia card

it didnt help for long

I have even went so far as to just use the intel drivers and disable the nividia card in device manager

still blue screen for video problems

below if a list of the latest whocrashed report it lists them back to sept 30th 2014 when i got the win 7 hard driver up and running

I havent been a tech for a long time and Ive reached my end

The only thing i can think of now is that it has been the video card this whole time and I have no idea what to do with a laptop bad video card

thanks for reading and for any help

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Wed 10/15/2014 1:01:13 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\101414-20794-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module:
ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75BC0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80002FC1327, 0x0, 0x310)
Error:
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product:
Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 10/15/2014 1:01:13 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
win32k.sys (win32k!W32pArgumentTable+0x81433)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80002FC1327, 0x0, 0x310)
Error:
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32k.sys
product:
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 10/15/2014 12:48:12 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\101414-19952-01.dmp
dxgmms1.sys (0xFFFFF88003F8FCBC)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x100, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF88003F8FCBC)
Error:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgmms1.sys
product:
description: DirectX Graphics MMS
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 10/14/2014 5:01:10 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\101414-20950-01.dmp
dxgkrnl.sys (dxgkrnl+0x6A8C1)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF88002C6A8C1, 0xFFFFF88005F7A848, 0xFFFFF88005F7A0A0)
Error:
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
product:
description: DirectX Graphics Kernel
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

On Mon 10/13/2014 5:40:34 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\101314-25381-01.dmp
tcpip.sys (0xFFFFF88001861494)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x60, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF88001861494)
Error:
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys
product:
description: TCP/IP Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

On Mon 10/6/2014 10:52:34 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\100614-27440-01.dmp
win32k.sys (win32k+0x139E38)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF96000179E38, 0xFFFFF88009D43FA0, 0x0)
Error:
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
product:
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

On Sun 10/5/2014 11:27:24 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\100514-18595-01.dmp
ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75BC0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x28, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80002C7F67A)
Error:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product:
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 10/4/2014 2:59:36 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\100314-25256-01.dmp
win32k.sys (win32k+0xF9664)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF96000129664, 0xFFFFF88002AFCCD0, 0x0)
Error:
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
product:
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

On Thu 10/2/2014 2:44:12 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\100214-19874-01.dmp
afd.sys (0xFFFFF88003D24C1C)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFFF88003AEA550, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF88003D24C1C)
Error:
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\afd.sys
product:
description: Ancillary Function Driver for WinSock

On Tue 9/30/2014 6:07:58 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\093014-26707-01.dmp
rtsp2stor.sys (RtsP2Stor+0x3E321)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC000001D, 0xFFFFF8800528E321, 0xFFFFF88002E57758, 0xFFFFF88002E56FB0)
Error:
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\rtsp2stor.sys
product:
Realtek Pcie CardReader Driver for 2K/XP/Vista/Win7/Win8
company: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
description: Realtek Pcie CardReader Driver for 2K/XP/Vista/Win7/Win8
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: rtsp2stor.sys (Realtek Pcie CardReader Driver for 2K/XP/Vista/Win7/Win8, Realtek Semiconductor Corp.).
Google query:
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

cognizione

cognizione

T.A.A.B # 2

• Administrators
  • 7,519 posts

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/

http://www.driversca...ite-p70-a/35701
      :)
  • slacker likes this

tGX16tl.png

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,988 posts

Your failures seem so varied. Have you run the Memory Diagnostics Tool?

http://windows.micro...n-your-computer

If you should show a problem, reseat your RAM after uplugging your adapter and removing your battery, then run the Memory Diagnostics Tool again, after reassembly of course.

• slacker and elmondo like this

l8Ea9q8f.png

Sorry, my 3,384 images hosted with Dropbox will no longer show.

Danielx64

Danielx64

• Global Moderator
  • 1,510 posts

With the driver issues, have you tried using the default drivers that comes with Windows? And while using an older driver can help solve issues, sometime a newer one have been pushed out that may fix your issues.

• slacker likes this

pFAfoZEK.png

elmondo

elmondo

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 359 posts

Your failures seem so varied. Have you run the Memory Diagnostics Tool?

http://windows.micro...n-your-computer

If you should show a problem, reseat your RAM after uplugging your adapter and removing your battery, then run the Memory Diagnostics Tool again, after reassembly of course.

As Dave said so many things going wrong, so please do a Memory Diagnostics , if all is ok then its not memory or HD  problem.

Is the system over heating! how long is it before you get the BSOD?

Try turning off the Turbo Boost in the BIOS.

If all fails, I would wipe the hard drive clean, re-install windows (without internet access) and the go into the control panel and hard ware to see if you have any yellow flags, if so get the VEN & DEV numbers for each device and via another computer got to http://www.pcidatabase.com/  and do a search for each one and get the drivers from there or from the internet.

I hope this helps.

PS

As For memory, power off, remove power cord and battery, hold down the power button for a about 1 minute and then see if you have two sticks.  If so remove both noting which was slot 1 and slot 2.. Put slot 2 in to slot 1 and reboot, if it works then the other stick is bad. If you only have one stick, try and borrow one from a friend if you can.

• dave and slacker like this

2643nde.png
Use my link to get a free sharing of files with a Minus Account!!

http://min.us/rJlOSOa

roady

roady

General Help

• Global Moderator
  • 3,198 posts

If none of the above (great tips!) helps,before you're gonna wipe the disk,try to replace the SATA/AHCI drivers with windows standard,instead of the manufacturer's and see if that makes any difference....

• dave, slacker and elmondo like this

nda92u.png

Motto of the Malinois Shepherd : 'Semper fi.'till my death does us part.'

doffen

doffen

• BW9 VIP Platinum
  • 929 posts

Had the same problem and have to change the Video card

• confused likes this

Posted Image

confused

confused

• Members (inactive)
  • 29 posts

Thanks for the replies

I have run memory diagnostic and its fine nothing comes up

have the latest realtek drivers

Windows doesnt have drivers for everything in my computer, I did that when I first installed win 7 on the new hard drive, and I never installed drivers for the webcam that is built in to the laptop

Had a bunch of unknowns and no driver found when first installed and i installed only from the manufacturer websites so I didnt get windows drivers, was told before they wouldnt work

Have tried all new drivers with nvidia and no nvidia

When i switch drivers it helps for a day or 2 most I got was almost a week , i thought it was all fixed

But guess not

I think the last post from Doffen is right i need a new card some how

Dont have a clue where it is and really will be embarrassing having to go to a tech lol

• dave, slacker and elmondo like this

doffen

doffen

• BW9 VIP Platinum
  • 929 posts

I had to wait 5 months for a New card, on an Qosimo X300-11W, and then i been told that i will get a new Toshiba ore Money back.

I took the Money and did buy an Acer.

• slacker likes this

Posted Image

slacker

slacker

Dain Bramaged ɔǝlɐ ʇɹɐɯs

• BW9 Donator +
  • 1,646 posts

Hum, working for a day or two? Check to see if there is good air flow out of the vents, I assume this thing has a fan for cooling the CPU and Graphic card? If that seems OK I would also worry about that HDD, easiest thing would be to check the drive for errors. I would at least make sure those two things appear to be good before you invest in a new graphic card.

I wanted to edit this post because I was thinking... sometimes fans can fool you, they work for a while the stop. Then will work again after a power (cool) down. They can get sticky and be intermittent, so just keep that in mind.

• elmondo and Maxed like this

o89e9t.png

confused

confused

• Members (inactive)
  • 29 posts

fan is fine never gets hot

its a new hard drive 

thanks

how do i replace all the drivers with windows drivers? if windows didnt have the drivers in the first place

• slacker likes this

slacker

slacker

Dain Bramaged ɔǝlɐ ʇɹɐɯs

• BW9 Donator +
  • 1,646 posts

I re-checked your first post and you did mention swapping HD drives, so yeah that rules that out pretty much. Though never mistake a new HDD as a good HDD. All said and done, it could be graphic card, Nvidia seems to have a problem with laptops. I have two HP lappy's that are torn apart and have faulty onboard Nvidia chips. So I don't know what else to say. Your lappy worked at first, now it doesn't no matter what. It reminds me of overheating... but don't know?

• elmondo and confused like this

o89e9t.png

confused

confused

• Members (inactive)
  • 29 posts

Considering it can blue screen right when i first turn it on, after its been off for 10 hours, i doubt its heat problem lol

• slacker likes this

slacker

slacker

Dain Bramaged ɔǝlɐ ʇɹɐɯs

• BW9 Donator +
  • 1,646 posts

BSOD on boot after shutdown time is definitely not a heating issue. You know, it could be a mobo problem? This is what I don't like about lappy's, too hard to get spare parts to test. What model and/or type Nvidia card do you have in this computer, if you know? I do know you said it was custom laptop.

The reason I ask for Nvidia card type and model is to see what it will cost ya. Sometimes it's cheap, but probably not. Also just wondering, did you have any problems installing any Windows 7 or 8? You mentioned missing lots of Device drivers.

• dave likes this

o89e9t.png

Danielx64

Danielx64

• Global Moderator
  • 1,510 posts

BSOD on boot after shutdown time is definitely not a heating issue. You know, it could be a mobo problem? This is what I don't like about lappy's, too hard to get spare parts to test. What model and/or type Nvidia card do you have in this computer, if you know? I do know you said it was custom laptop.

The reason I ask for Nvidia card type and model is to see what it will cost ya. Sometimes it's cheap, but probably not. Also just wondering, did you have any problems installing any Windows 7 or 8? You mentioned missing lots of Device drivers.

I would say that the missing drivers would come down to querty laptop hardware, like onboard controllers that seems to be different on every laptop.
  • slacker likes this

pFAfoZEK.png

slacker

slacker

Dain Bramaged ɔǝlɐ ʇɹɐɯs

• BW9 Donator +
  • 1,646 posts

And user?

o89e9t.png

Danielx64

Danielx64

• Global Moderator
  • 1,510 posts

And user?

I wouldn't even go as far as talking about the user: that would be unprofessional for me to comment.

Seriously I found that laptop can be really picky with drivers, some will install just fine but the hardware will act up as it expecting a different driver. I had this on an xp laptop with the sound card. Go to the sound card vendor site and it will act up, go to tosh's site and it all good.
  • slacker likes this

pFAfoZEK.png

slacker

slacker

Dain Bramaged ɔǝlɐ ʇɹɐɯs

• BW9 Donator +
  • 1,646 posts

Not just laptops.... whoops... Professional means you get paid (Expert)? Anyway, I didn't mean anything but support for the 'User'. Yes Lappy's can be a pain in the arse, matter fact... it is routine. :mrgreen:

• Danielx64 likes this

o89e9t.png

Danielx64

Danielx64

• Global Moderator
  • 1,510 posts
Also have you tried a linux live cd?

If the laptop plays up there then it could be a hardware issue. Something to think about.
  • slacker likes this

pFAfoZEK.png

Danielx64

Danielx64

• Global Moderator
  • 1,510 posts

Not just laptops.... whoops... Professional means you get paid (Expert)? Anyway, I didn't mean anything but support for the 'User'. Yes Lappy's can be a pain in the arse, matter fact... it is routine. :mrgreen:

My bad, I read it that you mean that the user is also querty, didn't mean it. :(

As for my job I deal with servers and desktop most of the time. We do have one laptop and I rarely touch it.
  • slacker likes this

pFAfoZEK.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users