Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Blue Screen on boot

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Craig

Craig

• Members (inactive)
  • 1 posts
I have windows 7.. When I start my computer. .the windows 7 begins to start. .but it then dumps me to the blue screen. . Its been working fine. . Any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

dhjohns

dhjohns

• BW9 Donator +
  • 5,942 posts

You might try pressing F8 while the computer is starting, and then selecting last known good configuration.  Also, put in your disk, boot from it, and select repair my computer.

• dave, cognizione, Tetley and 1 other like this

2vcxocp.png

cognizione

cognizione

T.A.A.B # 2

• Administrators
  • 7,302 posts

Any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

If dhjohns suggtestion doesn't work, post more information.
I.E., udated driver...... etc
  • Snuffy, dave, Tetley and 1 other like this

tGX16tl.png

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,614 posts

I would check to see if you have a System Restore point set for prior to this occurance happening, and restore.

The best part about this is that it restores what ever you might have installed or updated to before it was done.

I made this a separate topic. Members feel free to make your own topics, especially for help vs burying your help request in another topic.  :biggrin:

• Snuffy, cognizione, Tetley and 2 others like this

dave%20green%20sig.png

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,613 posts

Several methods to FIX Windows 7 - 8 or 10.

1.  MS still has the 3 stricks and your old... so while it is booting, force a restart, the 4the time it should auto Repair.

this should restore with lose in data.(tested this in Windows 10 to day... still valid  4th time it went into Auto - NO DATA LOST)

2.  Boot into your media, move thru until you get to command prompt

at Command Prompt type rstrui.exe /offline:C:\Windows   then enter

that should restore your system to the last known good Restore Point(you might lose some data this way) but not much

3. Boot to your media an select Clean Install --> select the exact Partition where you current BSOD is located.

a. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION AT 41% FORCE A REBOOT, REMOVE YOU MEDIA AND IT WILL AUTO BOOT TO

DEFAULT OS. AND RECOVER YOU WINDOWS. you might have to reinstall many of your programs - when you start them if they FAIL simply reinstall.

Recommend you try in Numerical Order...

• dave and Maxed like this

96ccd5e8-d519-4cda-9053-631ef1c070b8_zps

ComputerDoctor

ComputerDoctor

• Global Moderator
  • 3,693 posts

Have you tried booting into recovery media?  Run a memory diagnostic?

If not available, check if you have two memory chips.  Restart your machine with each one individually.  With oncoming cooler weather up North, it will be common for memory chips in laptops to move a bit and loose connection (thermal expansion?).   If everything tests ok, that was it.

Still problems, at least you have verified it was probably not due to hardware (memory).

• dave, cognizione and Maxed like this

1zbfi1f.jpg

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,613 posts

Either something was suggested that fix it, or totally SCREWED it. but I  would be interested in seeing the minidump LOG.

• Maxed likes this

96ccd5e8-d519-4cda-9053-631ef1c070b8_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users