Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

WinToUSB

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,614 posts

I read the 7th point on there website i.e Select the boot partition and system partition from the partition list, the selected partitions will be marked as red.

I don't have any partition on the USB, so do i require to make it? I selected system and boot partition on the single USB space showing. 
I don't have any Windows To Go Certified Drives. Its a sandisk 32GB pendrive.

No it doesn't need/make a System Reserved since it makes a Boot folder on your C drive, so just select the field with the empty o checkbox for both system and boot. Yeah, they did make that confusing for some reason.

Doesn't supports Sandisk. http://www.microsoft...indowstogo.aspx

Prolly why my 16Gb San Disk failed, but my workaround was to put it on a USB HDD 1st & migrate it to my flashdrive with Paragon HDM 14 & it worked.

• Snuffy, cognizione, toptek and 2 others like this

dave%20green%20sig.png

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,613 posts

If it works then it should be OK, and Dave shows it works, i was suprised it took 32GB but then I had several due to several Manufacture needed 32GB to make a OEM Restore Image. Dell was 12GB so 16GBs was fine, but Acer needed 17GB so needed 32GBs and it takes more if its Win 8.1 than Win 8.0

and while I was playing, I Windows 10,  logo +C -->search -->recovery--> make a Recovery Disk--> click ok and it says insert a USB of at least 8GB-> then it starts to copy C:\Recovery\install.wim

Not done yet but wonder, this was a Original Windows 7, format to Windows 8. -> finally updated to full Windows 8.1.3 Pro with all Official M$ Updates, then --Updated to Windows 10 9841 now Windows 10 9860.

so Wonder what is on the USB...

Spoiler

OK -> bottom right corner water mark is 9860

• toptek, Tetley, Maxed and 1 other like this

96ccd5e8-d519-4cda-9053-631ef1c070b8_zps

Sunil

Sunil

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 204 posts

End to my experiment :histerija: , thank you folks :headbang:  

• Snuffy, dave, toptek and 1 other like this

Posted Image

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,614 posts

I liked it since my flashdrive tested fine on both a Toshiba U505 & the same drive booted a Dell 1520 after Installing drivers during boot & rebooting. I allowed Windows Update to update drivers a little further and all was good. Back to the Toshiba, it reinstalled it's drivers & ran as normal. All in all, quick & painless considering switching a "HDD" from one PC to another.

• Snuffy and toptek like this

dave%20green%20sig.png

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,614 posts

W10 Pro b9879 installed with Win2USB lika charm cleanly with the ISO. I set it up on the 25Gb 1st partition of my 750Gb 7200 rpm USB storage HDD & it runs way better than my flashdrives, and almost as fast as my internal mech HDD that is identical brand, speed, and size. I guess I'll need to get a SSD flashdrive to top it.   ;)

• Snuffy, cognizione, toptek and 2 others like this

dave%20green%20sig.png

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,613 posts

W10 Pro b9879 installed with Win2USB lika charm cleanly with the ISO. I set it up on the 25Gb 1st partition of my 750Gb 7200 rpm USB storage HDD & it runs way better than my flashdrives, and almost as fast as my internal mech HDD that is identical brand, speed, and size. I guess I'll need to get a SSD flashdrive to top it.   ;)

Fantastic, super news... how do the Super Fast USB 3.0 with speeds of over 100 do...

be nice if my Damn old GigaByte would Boot to USB... (ps: Gigabyte said no to somewhere ove 1 million uses. No Bios update to fix.)

This is my LAST Gigabyte Mobo...

• dave, cognizione, toptek and 1 other like this

96ccd5e8-d519-4cda-9053-631ef1c070b8_zps

cognizione

cognizione

T.A.A.B # 2

• Administrators
  • 7,302 posts

I set it up on the 25Gb 1st partition

Small partition do run sweet...... :)

• dave and toptek like this

tGX16tl.png

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,614 posts

Small partition do run sweet...... :)

Well ALL the other stuff she might need is on the other 675Gb, including VirtuaGirl.  :histerija:

• cognizione and toptek like this

dave%20green%20sig.png

slacker

slacker

Dain Bramaged ɔǝlɐ ʇɹɐɯs

• BW9 Donator +
  • 1,644 posts

I don't think all these Win2USB programs work with all USB Flash drives. I have a 32gb Cruzer Glide that is known to not work with Rufus.... so it seems like an disagreement on formating? I haven't looked into it much more than that.

Oh and Virtual Girl can try somebodies Ramdisk! :histerija:

EDIT: You sure it's virtual, or vertical girl? Kidding gerl! :histerija:

• dave, cognizione, toptek and 2 others like this

o89e9t.png

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,614 posts
Well, my portable W10TP with WMC project has come along nicely, but has been hindered slightly by a few distractions. VM of OSX Yosemite is also working portably, if you can see it that is.

VM%20OSX%20in%20port%20OS.png
It appears that M$ broke WMC in the latest build of 9879, so this is 9860

• slacker, cognizione, toptek and 3 others like this

dave%20green%20sig.png

slacker

slacker

Dain Bramaged ɔǝlɐ ʇɹɐɯs

• BW9 Donator +
  • 1,644 posts

Did I say vert, I meant horizontal. Did I say South of the horizon? I can't look at that pic Dave, but might peek some? :angel4:

• dave, cognizione, toptek and 1 other like this

o89e9t.png

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,614 posts

Giving this thread a bump, since some are interested in Portable Windows 10.

Version 2.3 (2015.8.10)

• Support for official Windows 10 ISO which contains both x86 and x64 in one ISO
  • Clone current Windows OS which on a dynamic disk to a USB drive
  • Support for Windows Tiny7
  • Bulgarian language support
  • Fix other minor bugs

http://www.easyuefi.com/wintousb/

Have fun!  :biggrin:

• born2download, cognizione, toptek and 2 others like this

dave%20green%20sig.png

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,614 posts

This is the most bodaciously fabtastic hugemongusly working tool to make a portable USB Windows ever!

W10 clean install internet connected activated just fine on my installation on the same HardwareID that my upgrade from W7 was performed

Clean%20Port%2010.png

Portable USB HDD (750Gb 2.5" 7200RPM)

Port%2010%20Disk%20Management.png

Super-Tits Clone from my SSD > Portable USB HDD 50Gb partition.

I'm posting from it now!

Clone%20W10%20port.png

Note: I added a little "something" so this would boot from other machines as well.  ;)

Oh yeah, and programs are working fine too!

W10%20Portable.png

• cognizione, toptek, Tetley and 2 others like this

dave%20green%20sig.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users