Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Best Software for Yosemite

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Sandwichman

Sandwichman

• BW9 Donator +
  • 1,057 posts

Was wondering what software people use the most for Mac OSX? I've been looking at some things and already install MS Office for Mac and Adobe Acrobat Pro but what other software is good to have? Also what would be the best way to dual boot Windows? Should I use Parallels or Bootcamp? I have an extra Win 8 key to use for installation. 

• dave and Bruce like this

2lc5gqq.png

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,615 posts

I don't install much in my VMs of Yosemite but have installed VMWare Fusion and successfully had a VM in my VM.

W8.1 Pro with Yosemite VM with W8.1 Enterprise VM in it. Only for kicks. I actually haven't any REAL use for Mac.  ;)

VMware Fusion v6.0 Professional MacOSX is easy to use since it's designed with Mac Users in mind.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I have installed Fusion in a GF's Macbook also with W8.1 Pro in it, and she had no issues operating it.

• Sandwichman, Tetley, Bruce and 1 other like this

dave%20green%20sig.png

aben2amu

aben2amu

MacOS Section Moderator

• 84 posts

Installing Office 2011 for Mac is a good idea if you are not willing to give the iWork suite a try , there are substitutes for Acrobat and are very good when it comes to creating PDFs (which OS X does anyways) or editing them.

Regarding Office we will have to wait until next year for a full Office Suite which will be totally compatible with Office 2013 for Windows.

Just tell us what software you need.

Well as user of Parallels 10 and Fusion 7, I am liking Parallels more, you know. 

Bootcamp always gives the full power your mac has under Windows.

• dave and Dahaka like this

2rnvlky.png

Chowme

Chowme

• Members
  • 61 posts

If you are Blu-ray fan, and you have an external Blu-ray drive hooked up to you Mac (Mac is Blu-ray incapable due to some historical reasons), then a Blu-ray media player software would be a necessity, PowerDVD from Cyberlink is the world's best Blu-ray media player out there, but unfortunately it does not have a Mac version, and the best alternative available is DVDFab Media Player, which bridges the unbridgeable gap to let Mac users to watch Blu-ray discs, ISO files and folders, even with the native menu navigation. :headbang:

Also, if you have a large collection of DVDs and Blu-rays at home, you probably also need their DVD and Blu-ray backup or ripper software, they are also one of the best options out there. ;)  

• cognizione and Dahaka like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users