Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Mac ISO question

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

tr13dg3001

tr13dg3001

• Members
  • 11 posts
Hey all..... I was wondering if there was any possible way to "burn" a Mac ISO file to a USB drive through windows?

Elbit

Elbit

Sr Member

• BeyondWindows9 Lover
  • 276 posts

Hey all..... I was wondering if there was any possible way to "burn" a Mac ISO file to a USB drive through windows?

You mean .dmg files?

There are some tools that can read .dmg files:

TransMac

http://www.asy.com/

or

MacDrive (with this app you can also read Mac Drives (HDDs), etc.

http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive/

both programs are Win7 compatible

BW9loverSmall_zps4a7056be.png

racc

racc

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 150 posts
You can convert .dmg to .iso with dmg2iso
http://vu1tur.eu.org/tools/download.pl?dmg2iso.exe

Posted Image

tr13dg3001

tr13dg3001

• Members
  • 11 posts
Ok thank you I own MacDrive 8 but I don't think my message is getting across clearly....... I want to find a way to "burn" as in make the USB exactly like the ISO with the exact files that the ISO file has. Sorry if it sounds like I am talking down on anybody.

Elbit

Elbit

Sr Member

• BeyondWindows9 Lover
  • 276 posts

Ok thank you I own MacDrive 8 but I don't think my message is getting across clearly....... I want to find a way to "burn" as in make the USB exactly like the ISO with the exact files that the ISO file has. Sorry if it sounds like I am talking down on anybody.

If you want to burn the contents of the .dmg directly to a usb-stick that is no tool for windows that will do that. You will have to mount the USB-Stick on a Mac and use the "Restore" option of "Disk Utility" to restore .dmg to the USB-Stick.

If you don't have access to a Mac, you can allways try to install Mac OSX in VMWare under Windows and do everything there.

Check the tutorial below for it. It will take you max. 20 minutes ot install Mac OSX in VMWare

http://www.ihackintosh.com/2009/12/install-snow-leopard-in-vmware-7-windows-edition/

tr13dg3001

tr13dg3001

• Members
  • 11 posts
Uh........ one problem with that. I have an AMD CPU not an Intel.... but I will work on a solution to this.

Whitecougar

Whitecougar

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 205 posts
ISO buster should be able to extract the files to a usb

n48wwh.png

Elbit

Elbit

Sr Member

• BeyondWindows9 Lover
  • 276 posts

ISO buster should be able to extract the files to a usb

As far as I know ISOBuster is only able to extract the files from .dmg, but if I understood well he wants to restore the image to a usb-stick "as it is" and that is not possible under windows.

tr13dg3001

tr13dg3001

• Members
  • 11 posts
I will take a look at ISO Buster and see what I get.

dialinking

dialinking

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 12 posts
If it's in a .dmg file, then just copy the file(s) over to the usb drive, or you can use a mac and install to that usb stick. Sometimes it depends on who developed it, but I have often just copied the files to a portable drive or stick, and then use it where it's needed.

Good Luck

flg2rq.png

tr13dg3001

tr13dg3001

• Members
  • 11 posts
I need to make the USB with the files of image bootable.

dialinking

dialinking

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 12 posts
If you are using a Mac - go into Disk Utilities, have your image ready and insert your usb stick. highlight your usb stick in the list to the left side of the window, click the Restore tab option, select your image source and list your destination drive as the usb stick and then click restore.

I haven't used MacDrive for a while, and so I'm not sure what options there may be with that program. Sorry I'm not much help, but if you listed exactly what you are doing, what platform your using and what the image is, perhaps it would narrow down the many options to do things.

flg2rq.png

Elbit

Elbit

Sr Member

• BeyondWindows9 Lover
  • 276 posts

If you are using a Mac - go into Disk Utilities, have your image ready and insert your usb stick. highlight your usb stick in the list to the left side of the window, click the Restore tab option, select your image source and list your destination drive as the usb stick and then click restore.

I haven't used MacDrive for a while, and so I'm not sure what options there may be with that program. Sorry I'm not much help, but if you listed exactly what you are doing, what platform your using and what the image is, perhaps it would narrow down the many options to do things.

He doesnt have a Mac, he wants to use Windows. That is the problem.

He only has the options already posted above

digitalsin

digitalsin

• BeyondWindows9 Lover
  • 46 posts
hi
I'm not 100% sure if this tool does dmg, but give it a go...make sure u select "device mode" and not "Volume mode"

http://www.alexpage.de/download/usbit/usbit.zip

firefox7nq.gif

eXcalibre

eXcalibre

• BeyondWindows9 Lover
  • 43 posts
If you use Transmac - open it and select with a "RIGHT CLICK" the USB Stick.
Then Select 'Format Disk' > "Format with Disk Image" ALL DONE.

:-)

Common Sense.... A Shame it's not too common these days.

sjprg

sjprg

GFX & Images Related Software Expert

• Global Moderator
  • 1,810 posts
Ins't Jobs a PITA?

Posted Image
Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users