Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Computer will intermitenly not shut off

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

z06racer4321

z06racer4321

• Members (inactive)
  • 1 posts
I recently built a computer and for some reason every once and a while it will not shut off. It seems that Windows will shutdown but right before it should turn off it restarts. I don't get any errors and there is nothing in the logs that would suggest a problem. If anyone has any tips it would be greatly appreciated. I just don't know where to start looking for a problem. Whether it's Windows or a hardware issue
thanks
  • Snuffy and volvo like this

cognizione

cognizione

T.A.A.B # 2

• Administrators
  • 7,302 posts

Could be a lot of things. Bios, drivers, settings etc. Need more info.

• Snuffy, volvo, Tetley and 1 other like this

tGX16tl.png

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

Maxed

Maxed

SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 8,740 posts

make sure that you pins that go to the Mobo are indeed in the right place like the reset button and power button and make sure you have the positive and negative wires attached in the right way some of those manuals shipped with the mobos are a PITA.

• Snuffy, volvo, dave and 2 others like this

MaxedSig.png

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,614 posts

Another thing to check is "if you have a pending update" that was installed and it needs a REBOOT to finalize.

it will do that... reboot than normally it will finish & shutdown. Windows 8 and above will shutdown

but then will finalize next time you start. many  Testers have ask M$ for years to send notifications on this

so as not to alarm users.

• cognizione likes this

96ccd5e8-d519-4cda-9053-631ef1c070b8_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users