Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

uninstalling win7

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

radiohammer

radiohammer

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 127 posts

My primary o/s is on a SSD with a second copy on my hard drive.How do I delete the hard drive copy????????? Any help appreciated. Chas.

• dave, cognizione and Tetley like this

Posted Image

Cyberstalker

Cyberstalker

Decepticon

• BW9 Donator +
  • 814 posts

if theres nothing important on the hard drive id say just format it then rebuild your mbr for the ssd os (assuming youre meaning a dual boot setup)

*(thats just me and i tend to make things more complicated for myself than i need to)*

• Snuffy, dave and cognizione like this

adf01558af.png

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 15,041 posts

if theres nothing important on the hard drive id say just format it then rebuild your mbr for the ssd os (assuming youre meaning a dual boot setup)

*(thats just me and i tend to make things more complicated for myself than i need to)*

Sounds Old School to me..:)

• dave, cognizione, Tetley and 2 others like this

PM07fvlP.png

radiohammer

radiohammer

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 127 posts

Nothing so simple of course!!!! It won't let me format the hard drive.Even deleting Windows Old does'nt work,I'll keep on trying even if it means physically removing the hard drive!!Thanks Chas.

Posted Image

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,993 posts

You can go into disk mangement from your primary OS and delete each volume if you have both a System Reserved & OS partitions, leaving any further partitions, then do what you wish with that unallocated space. Even install another OS on it. W7 & above LIKES to be installed on unallocated space OR format/create new storage partition(s).

Delete%20other%20OS.png

This is something that I often do since I move my OSes back and forth between my SSD & HDD. Too often.   :histerija:

• Snuffy, Tetley and Cyberstalker like this

l8Ea9q8f.png

Sorry, my 3,384 images hosted with Dropbox will no longer show.

cognizione

cognizione

T.A.A.B # 2

• Administrators
  • 7,520 posts

If you want it gone.......... http://www.techrepub...asing-tools/   :)

http://www.beyondwin...?hl=+disk +wipe

• Snuffy, Tetley and Cyberstalker like this

tGX16tl.png

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,993 posts

Thanks BTW. Your help request motivated me to restore my W7 Ult x64 back to my HDD (2nd OS drive) and get it updated.

I used Disk Management to delete both the W8.1s System Reserved & OS partitions from my W10 on SSD installation and restored W7 from image to the unallocated space with Paragon HDM. A very normal procedure for me.

l8Ea9q8f.png

Sorry, my 3,384 images hosted with Dropbox will no longer show.

radiohammer

radiohammer

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 127 posts

My primary o/s is on a SSD with a second copy on my hard drive.How do I delete the hard drive copy? ???? ???? Any help appreciated. Chas.

Ive sorted it out!! Removed hard drive,reinstalled Win 7 on SSD then refitted hard drive,now all ok.Many thanks for responses. Chas.

• dave and cognizione like this

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users