Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Is my system hacked - weird signs

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Prince NRVL

Prince NRVL

• Members
  • 4 posts
Hi pals.
Well my system is acting quite weird. well the prob is that wen I try to enter BIOS it is asking for a pass, the matter is that I ve not put any pass. and also I tried to enter like that 2 or 3 times. later it rebooted and entered the system, the gr8test prob is that all my files are gone. I checked in all drives and mother drive it is not there. I used the search option to search abt that file with extension and without extension. neither helped me. :(
I m using Windows Vista Business edition, SP2, HCL computer with 2 Gb Ram. This is my office system. Could any plz help me out here. And also Back up that is for roll back is not at all working. Even if that works at any time I didn't back up the recent files.

DanielRemains

DanielRemains

The original DR

• BW9 Donator +
  • 1,639 posts
Give Microsoft Security Essentials a shot as well as Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool. Both are free :)

To me it looks like a virus.

Posted Image

Prince NRVL

Prince NRVL

• Members
  • 4 posts
ran a McAfee and saw nothing.. the systems nt affected I think. any other help m8s. ?

DanielRemains

DanielRemains

The original DR

• BW9 Donator +
  • 1,639 posts

Give Microsoft Security Essentials a shot as well as Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool. Both are free :)

You ask for help but you don't do what we recommend you. Are you sure you need help?

Posted Image

Prince NRVL

Prince NRVL

• Members
  • 4 posts
@
DanielRemains ..  WIth all due respects, I ran the Malicious softwares as u said//

Do tell me other alternatives. I need help from u.. :)

Elbit

Elbit

Sr Member

• BeyondWindows9 Lover
  • 276 posts
1. What BIOS do you have? There are several ways of breaking BIOS pwds depending of your hardware, bios make, etc.
2. The files/drives are probably set to "hidden" due to several reasons, among other, maleware and not deleted otherise you wouldn't be able to get into the system. This can also be cause after a BSOD that corrupted some information in the Registry or Master Table

So please provide us with a bit more information

For the BIOS password problem you might try some of the options posted here:
http://www.wikihow.com/Break-a-BIOS-Password

BW9loverSmall_zps4a7056be.png

YankeesPwnMets

YankeesPwnMets

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 283 posts
Could you access basic things like your registry, msconfig, task manager etc?

rlgd2t.png

Prince NRVL

Prince NRVL

• Members
  • 4 posts
Yep I can access all the datas, and all the tools.. No prob there. Well I think the data is hidden there. I cannot access that. thats the prob I m facing.. so help me with that plz.

Neige

Neige

Marketing Department

• Administrators
  • 3,585 posts

Yep I can access all the datas, and all the tools.. No prob there. Well I think the data is hidden there. I cannot access that. thats the prob I m facing.. so help me with that plz.

I agree with El, we so need more information !

The folder names and files names you can't access for example ?

And backup data too you may need to wipe out !

Beyond%20Admin_350x88.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users