Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

HTC One M8 For Windows Question Conscerning windows 10

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

KnightRider

KnightRider

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 202 posts

Hello forum friends I have just installed the beta build on my windows phone but it seems nothing has changed at all is it because the HTc is the oddball and isn't getting the full windows 10update? any knowledge would be apprecialted

• gip and Swampfox56 like this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Impresive Isn't it!!!

ComputerDoctor

ComputerDoctor

• Global Moderator
  • 3,695 posts

You received the Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 update?  I have Preview For Developers Service turned on, my Lumia 520 has not received 10 yet, but according to reports, it should soon.

• alfreire, cognizione, gip and 2 others like this

1zbfi1f.jpg

KnightRider

KnightRider

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 202 posts

not exactly sure how to tell if you could tell me the 10 build number than I would know for sure

• gip, Tetley and Maxed like this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Impresive Isn't it!!!

Swampfox56

Swampfox56

• BW9 Donator +
  • 75 posts

I have the exact same phone as you. I bought it because I wanted to try a Windows Phone, and because the HTC One M8 is moster in terms of hardware. I mean really! It has a 64-Bit Quad Core 2.3GHz Processor, 2GB's of RAM, 1080P screen, HTC 'Boom' speakers (well worthy of that title), it's a powerhouse. 

On top of all of that - unlike the Samsung and Nokia windows phones (that have the 'style' of an 80's yoga teacher), the HTC M8 has a sexy as hell fully metallic body, and is THE BEST windows phone overall, in my opinion.

Only problem - HTC is brand new to the Windows Phone market. I highly doubt we'll see any dev updates for it (besides the generic ones) until Windows Phone becomes fully adopted by HTC, and/or the community figures out how to interop unlock it.

• Snuffy, dave, cognizione and 2 others like this

qzxqnIu.png

We share... because we care...

Korupt2009

Korupt2009

• BW9 Donator +
  • 89 posts

the windows 10 technical preview program is only available for lumia devices right now. HTC have said somewhere though that the M8 will be upgradable to win 10 once it is available.

• dave, cognizione, gip and 2 others like this

Posted Image

Korupt2009

Korupt2009

• BW9 Donator +
  • 89 posts

Now that the official W10M has been released this phone will not get the official update. Same old HTC story with support im afraid.

• Tetley likes this

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users