Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

UGM v10.0 [Stage 1 done]

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

GothicDeath

GothicDeath

Gamer with needs lol

• Global Moderator
  • 2,738 posts

No its the compressed air can dave ROFL

• dave, Jackaluichi and Dahaka like this

2wpiemh.png

Dahaka

Dahaka

Backup & HDD Tools Moderator

• 3,709 posts

Thank you for the sexy pics, GD! :mrgreen: Your PC looks awesome so far.

• GothicDeath likes this

GothicDeath

GothicDeath

Gamer with needs lol

• Global Moderator
  • 2,738 posts

Thanks, Dahaka.. Like i said will do the watercooling setup to replace the normals fan after work starts back up in about 2-3 months. Saving my last few paycheck to make bills over that time.

• dave, cognizione, Jackaluichi and 1 other like this

2wpiemh.png

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,843 posts

No its the compressed air can dave ROFL

My bad. I always have a soda, coffee or occasional beer opened & ready, so just assumed.  ;)

• cognizione, Jackaluichi and GothicDeath like this

dave%20green%20sig.png

GothicDeath

GothicDeath

Gamer with needs lol

• Global Moderator
  • 2,738 posts

I do too, just not on top of my tower, let alone my new system that cost me over 1400 grand to make and shes not done lol

• dave, cognizione, Jackaluichi and 2 others like this

2wpiemh.png

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,843 posts

Welcome to BW9 Buzzsaw!

I believe that GD went with AMD (AMD FX-8370 Vishera 8-Core 4.0GHz), but she did build herself a nice rig.

Yours is also. Thanks for sharing.

• Tetley, Maxed and roady like this

dave%20green%20sig.png

GothicDeath

GothicDeath

Gamer with needs lol

• Global Moderator
  • 2,738 posts

Very nice and as I said b4 I don't do Intel. Better performance out of AMD, gaming wise. I went all out this time too. Only thing i back down on was the CPU b/c of it burning out with the top of the line one from AMD. If i check the exact pricing on everything It was under that. I round everything up lol. My case alone was almost 300 lol

• Dahaka, Maxed and roady like this

2wpiemh.png

Dahaka

Dahaka

• 3,709 posts

Clearly, there will always be suggestions, better ideas from a certain point of view. However, personal experience, preference and price may come before anything else.

I like GothicDeath's system. As long as she enjoys it and it gives her the performance she needs, then it's all good. :occasion14:

• dave, cognizione, Tetley and 2 others like this

GothicDeath

GothicDeath

Gamer with needs lol

• Global Moderator
  • 2,738 posts

Yep and like i said intel does better on video encoding and a few other things. I have also been in the comp filed for 21 years or so and running my own custom build & comp repair biz for 15 years. It's more a personal option now adays and what you going to manly use your system for. I have played with itntel/AMD and so forth over the years. You guys remember 3DFX Vodoo cards, they where better than nVidia or Radeon.

But anyway enough going at what is best to go with lol

• dave, cognizione, Dahaka and 1 other like this

2wpiemh.png

Dahaka

Dahaka

• 3,709 posts

You mentioned in a thread that you experienced some lock-ups... What sort of lockups...?

GothicDeath

GothicDeath

Gamer with needs lol

• Global Moderator
  • 2,738 posts

Yea, i'm still trying to break it down to what it could be. I need to do more testing but thinking its the new hdd i got that windows is installed it. Its mostly, with Cyberfox, explorer and a few other apps on the windows drive and its on closing the apps most of the time. Gaming, encoding video all good. Just normal low strain on system stuff that locks it up. Its very interesting to say the lest.

• dave, Dahaka and Maxed like this

2wpiemh.png

Dahaka

Dahaka

• 3,709 posts

Maybe a BIOS/UEFI update would be a good idea? Also, Cyberfox has gone bonkers on me lots of times recently, under Intel or AMD cpus, including on a fresh install of Windows, without importing settings or plugins from a previous setup. It's probably the developer's fault for not writing better code. As long Firefox, the 'original code-bade' for Cyberfox, runs OK, then, it's obviously something wrong with Cyberfox.

Do you mean Internet Explorer? If you're running your OS from a HDD, you might want to try a few HDD tools to check the health status of that HDD: 

HD Tune 5.60

Hard Disk Sentinel 4.60

• cognizione and roady like this

GothicDeath

GothicDeath

Gamer with needs lol

• Global Moderator
  • 2,738 posts

I mean file explorer, Not IE. I don't use IE at all lol

yea, that is next on my list check the hdd, make sure i did not get a faulty one. Thanks for the help D.

=======

Edit: Well I updated the BIOS, as i have not gotten around to it till today.  It was a year old and prob had around 8 updates since then. We will see how that works, Running a diag on HDD now. Also, thinking maybe part of locks is i am running the beta of Eset v9 lol

• dave, cognizione, Dahaka and 1 other like this

2wpiemh.png

Dahaka

Dahaka

• 3,709 posts

You have ESET? Ok, I have used that sometime in the past years - my computer was running slower because of it, especially when opening archives. But it may not be the culprit.

I have recently rebuilt one of my desktops with Godavari as an APU and I HAD to update to the latest BIOS version and install all the windows updates, especially those KBs fixing various Windows errors...

• GothicDeath likes this

GothicDeath

GothicDeath

Gamer with needs lol

• Global Moderator
  • 2,738 posts

Hdd shows good, a few bad sectors like any normal drive but so far its running ok after updating the BIOS. I will post more on it if still having problems.

• Dahaka likes this

2wpiemh.png

Dahaka

Dahaka

• 3,709 posts

What? You have bad sectors already...? I have had HDDs with a few "current sectors pending" or "interface crc error count" - these mostly show up when the computer gets shut down though power outage, but as soon as I saw bad sectors, I replaced them (the HDDs) as soon as possible. If those bad sectors are on the Windows partition, then you've found your issue. You might want to buy an SSD while you're at it. Since the Samsung EVO SSD series and above have the RAPID feature (getting speeds like 1600MB/s write and more while reading data) which can be enabled with that Samsung Magician software - you could certainly use a boost in storage speed.

• GothicDeath likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users