Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Samsung C-Phone new

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,624 posts

OK, our old c-phone died, so we had to get a new c-phone  Service is Verizon so we got a

basic Samsung Convoy 3... basically it will do what we need....

today took it to service because the Messages would not allow us to get missed calls...

took just over 1 hour for techs to finally get it working....OK, no biggy...

suddenly on the display in the bottom middle a small cphone icon with red curved arrow on left side... pointing to middle of phone.... have looked all over No idea what it is or what it means...

any ideas ?

old pirate

Thanks

If not ideas, OK next tuesday we have to go back to Pratt... to get a new push mower the old one locked up, recon 12 to 15 yrs old, it is OK....  so we can stop back and ask,. them what it means or does or ????

again Thanks

Snuffy

• dave and Maxed like this

96ccd5e8-d519-4cda-9053-631ef1c070b8_zps

roady

roady

General Help

• Global Moderator
  • 3,090 posts

Did you check your call forwarding settings?

• Snuffy, dave, cognizione and 1 other like this

nda92u.png

Motto of the Malinois Shepherd : 'Semper fi.'till my death do us part.'

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,624 posts

will ask the wife,,,, not sure. but we did ask for Msg incase we missed a call...

THANKS. :) :)

• dave, cognizione, Maxed and 1 other like this

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,624 posts

OK,  went thru the new Samsung last nite,

Call forwarding is Not TURNED ON.

looked again thru the Phone list of All Icons... it is not shown to be in the phone....

but it looks like a curved red arrow on left side that points from top to middle of phone.

it looks like a (to us) a cell phone- like the old ones that had a small antenna on left side as you would hold it..

Ill try to find a copy some where an add for all to see... I made this - to give idea of what it is...

cphone.png

• roady likes this

cognizione

cognizione

T.A.A.B # 2

• Administrators
  • 7,303 posts

Snuffy from what little I know about phones. It still comes back to what roady said.

Or missed call... Have updates been done?

• Snuffy and roady like this

tGX16tl.png

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

Tunez

Tunez

Expiring Minds

• BW9 Donator +
  • 751 posts

Same here Snuffy, did some research for ya and the only thing I can find is " Missed Call " so I think along with the other guys, you had a missed call...... You can try what I do with my Galaxy Note Edge, go to recent calls and it should show you the calls that were answered and the ones that were not..the ones that were not, they may have not left a message or just hung up ... Good Luck

• cognizione and roady like this

2jfhj75.png

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,624 posts

Snuffy from what little I know about phones. It still comes back to what roady said.

Or missed call... Have updates been done?

Yes, i think, we spent over 1 hour yesterday with 3 Verizon Techs... of course 65miles away....

it took them up 4  levels to find someone to fix the Message System... so we could get Missed Calls,

it say forwarding to: in the message box,,, but there is NO WHERE IN THE ONLINE MANUAL that tells us how to

set Forwarding or to unset forwarding - and No where can we find "that icon" I did find over 1000 ?'s on Samsung and Verizon to What is that Icon... (NO answer but quess)

1. missed call -

2. call forwarding

3. data plan  active.

anyway today,

1. this phone will allow me to talk OK and rec OK, so i can call my wife if needed.

2. when she does not answer: 5 rings moves me to We will forward this call and you can leave a msg.

3. she can call me back from mobil to landline...

so at least that all works.... 1st time in 12 yrs I can use a C-phone if needed.

Next week we will go back to Pratt - and see Angelia or Dave to ask more Questions...

So basically I have found that a Smart Phone makes me very very stupid ....

roady

roady

General Help

• Global Moderator
  • 3,090 posts

So basically I have found that a Smart Phone makes me very very stupid ....

That's only in the beginning and because you're not really interested in phones.........I'm pretty sure if or when it fully attracts your attention,we soon see posts full of tricks and tips to  tweak it! :mrgreen: :headbang:

• Snuffy likes this

nda92u.png

Motto of the Malinois Shepherd : 'Semper fi.'till my death do us part.'

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,624 posts

I hope so ... but basically what we use it for, is Old Folks travel longer distance to Doctors and Such.

so if a problem  we need E911 and GPS (the old one did not) so I had to ask the care where we were.

then Wife would call. and ask for assistance.... then call out the GPS location.....

and no body could understand me on the old phone.... so far 2 people has said Yes, they can understand me..

"I have no local cords, and talk thru a hole in the throat,  so sounds strange (Grand Daughters say Sound FunnY"

and now if you can E911 it give the GPS location...

Thanks to All... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users