Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Vocal Camera app for Windows Phone is the perfect alternative to a dedicated camera button

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Tetley

Tetley

• Global Moderator
  • 10,240 posts

Vocal Camera app for Windows Phone is the perfect alternative to a dedicated camera button

Owning a Lumia smartphone can be a pleasant experience, especially for photography enthusiasts. Camera quality is one of the big reasons the Lumia line has been such a success. Lower end Lumia smartphones, unfortunately, do not have a dedicated camera button, making it a little bit harder to snap photos on the fly (the Lumia 735 is one example of a phone that lacks a camera button). But thankfully, there is a free app in the Windows Phone Store that makes you say "we don't need no stinkin' dedicated camera button!"

ZPEy4g4m.jpg

Simply grab Vocal Camera from the Windows Phone Store, enable "Speech Recognition Service" in the Speech settings on Windows Phone, launch the Vocal Camera app and say "shoot" to begin taking photos. You don't need to fumble around with on-screen buttons or a dedicated camera button. Just point your camera and say "shoot." Your phone will slightly vibrate indicating that your command was received (you can turn this feature off if you don't like it) and your camera will snap a picture. Other voice commands include "focus" to focus your camera, "flash auto" to set flash to auto, "flash on" or "flash off" to enable or disable flash, and "back" or "front" to toggle the rear or front camera. To zoom in, just say "enlarge." Don't like these voice commands? You can easily edit them to your liking. Vocal Camera is a really useful app if you want an easier way to take photos with your Lumia smartphone.

"Vocal Camera permits you to control your Windows Phone camera with your voice! You don't need to spend time searching for settings anymore! In addition to taking pictures you can also switch between cameras, choose flash mode, scene mode, and grid visualization. Vocal commands can also be customized as you wish! What are you waiting for! Oh, it's free too," the app description reads. Grab the app from the download link below.

• volvo, dave, creamop66 and 9 others like this

5ULDs17.png

klown07

klown07

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 464 posts

Pretty cool. My Galaxy Tab S has similar features for the camera. Might I ask, how many members here own a Windows phone, and what phone is it?

• creamop66, Tetley and TcsNico like this

Posted Image

creamop66

creamop66

Sr Member

• BeyondWindows9 Lover
  • 143 posts

The wife has a Lumia 640, we payed $298 for it, went to optus to get a sim for it only to find out they had it for $240 with a bluetooth speaker included. Now optus have the lumia as a pre paid phone for only $179....

:banghead:

• dave and Tetley like this

1z3pehj.png

volvo

volvo

• Global Moderator
  • 1,368 posts

my wife could not get on with Android but is OK with Windows on the PC  so I got her a 635 so cheep but works well, now also have a 640 even better I like the larger screen much better than iPhone for watching video on and at that price better value, bigger battery to so longer between charges :headbang:

• dave, creamop66, cognizione and 2 others like this

2cde6h5_zps6c93c367.png

radiking

radiking

• Members
  • 58 posts

Voice enabled clicking of photos are there from past 2-3 years in Android phones you just have to dig deep into camera settings even low end phones has that feature :) maybe that particular phone company didn't support voice enabled clicks not sure what it's called as :). not starting a Android windows fanboy war but hey just telling you the facts :) anyways good share for windows phone users

• TcsNico likes this

klown07

klown07

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 464 posts
So, general consensus is the 640 is a good phone? I can get one for $99 at Walmart. Hmmm.
  • Tetley likes this

Posted Image

volvo

volvo

• Global Moderator
  • 1,368 posts

yes the 640 is a good phone if you like Windows, even my son who is an Apple iPhone user is going to give it up when the contract runs out in 2 months now he has had my 640 for a week, he says he can do everything he wants on it (especially uTube) and here we can get it with sim for £10 PM only 250 minutes to other phones and 250mb data but where we are there are loads of free WiFi plus Virgin has this using home hubs to provide free hot spots.

Downside for me is the plastic case not metal but still feels solid and not as many apps in the store yet but that is growing every day. If I could get one for that price I would get one today, as always though $99 is converted to £99 not the true conversion.

• dave, cognizione, Tetley and 1 other like this

2cde6h5_zps6c93c367.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users