Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

WIndows XP Pro 64bit image on FTP Server

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

eztag

eztag

• BW9 Donator +
  • 4 posts

Has anyone tried to use this image lately?  I am trying to help a client who has a sw app that will NOT run on anything later than XP (even using "Compatibility Mode" settings) and I want to try using the 64bit version in hopes that the capability to recognize more ram might be able to speed up his output (Audio/Video Karaoake app).

II have downloaded and burned both of the images on the FTP server and when I try to load to the PC, they get to the point where "Setup is starting Windows" shows at the bottom to the screen and then it hangs with the HD light running.

I tried putting the image on a USB stick and it would fail with a "Missing or corrupted NTOSKRNL.EXE" errmsg...

It would be great if the client could find a newer app to run on this i5 CPU with 16G of 1666 RAM...!!!

As it is now, we're running XP-Pro 32bit and only seeing 3.xxG Ram and the advanced graphics are missing...

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated...!!!

Thanks!!!

RonW (eztag)

• Neige, soundstyler and Dahaka like this

RobrPatty

RobrPatty

Forum Mod

• 1,554 posts

I have a x64 version that is made especially for MS employees. Don't know if that will help can upload if needed.

• Neige, Tetley, soundstyler and 3 others like this

1628c2x.png

soundstyler

soundstyler

• BW9 Donator +
  • 932 posts

If the program of concern is a legacy program, ever try WOW64 Menu? I use for a couple programs that I won't part with dated back to Win95 and it comes up under your right click menu and somehow makes the program run even on 10. Just a thought. XP and no support sounds like PC suicide to me.

• Neige and Tetley like this

Posted Image

Maxed

Maxed

SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 8,783 posts

Why install XP on that system install windows 7 64 bit and the 64 bit of windows XP can be a excuse the term a beaaaach

• Neige, dave, cognizione and 2 others like this

MaxedSig.png

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,812 posts

Finding x64 drivers for XP can be a huge PITA & especially for newer systems. Better off left ina Virtual Machine.

• Neige, cognizione, Tetley and 5 others like this

dave%20green%20sig.png

sam3971

sam3971

• Global Moderator
  • 1,722 posts

Dave is right about drivers but also I know that even though XP could be installed via USB it was tricky, have you tried burning a coaster for xp x64? I would try that.

• Neige, dave, cognizione and 1 other like this

Posted Image

Dahaka

Dahaka

Backup & HDD Tools Moderator

• 3,706 posts

Finding x64 drivers for XP can be a huge PITA & especially for newer systems. Better off left ina Virtual Machine.

I agree - use that app in a virtual machine - it's the best way to do such things today.

• Neige, dave, cognizione and 1 other like this

eztag

eztag

• BW9 Donator +
  • 4 posts

Back a couple of years ago, we tried to run the app in a virtual xp session and it was really flakey.  Since this is a dedicated PC for a Karaoke DJ booth, it doesn't need to run anything else except a few videos during breaks...  I know my client is too "frugal" to spring for a new commercial app that runs around $1k he says...

So, we have a new modern machine with an i5 CPU and 16GB ram currently running XP Pro 32bit...!!!  WASTE

I'm just trying to help my buddy out...

I tried both of the XP Pro 64bit images and both lock in the same place.  I made a USB image and received the errmsg I showed above "Missing ntoskrnnl.exe"

Again, any help would be appreciated.

• Neige likes this

eztag

eztag

• BW9 Donator +
  • 4 posts

RobrPatty, if you think I can get further along in the install process with your image, I'd like to try it...

Soundstyler, I have downloaded the WOW64 menu app and will try it on my Win7 pc.

Thanks all!!!!

eztag

• Neige, dave, RobrPatty and 3 others like this

RobrPatty

RobrPatty

Forum Mod

• 1,554 posts

eztag check your pm

• Neige, dave and cognizione like this

1628c2x.png

Neige

Neige

Marketing Department

• Administrators
  • 3,584 posts

Has anyone tried to use this image lately?  I am trying to help a client who has a sw app that will NOT run on anything later than XP (even using "Compatibility Mode" settings) and I want to try using the 64bit version in hopes that the capability to recognize more ram might be able to speed up his output (Audio/Video Karaoake app).

II have downloaded and burned both of the images on the FTP server and when I try to load to the PC, they get to the point where "Setup is starting Windows" shows at the bottom to the screen and then it hangs with the HD light running.

I tried putting the image on a USB stick and it would fail with a "Missing or corrupted NTOSKRNL.EXE" errmsg...

It would be great if the client could find a newer app to run on this i5 CPU with 16G of 1666 RAM...!!!

As it is now, we're running XP-Pro 32bit and only seeing 3.xxG Ram and the advanced graphics are missing...

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated...!!!

Thanks!!!

RonW (eztag)

I suggest to try this one :

XP64SP2_VL_SATA.iso with SATA drivers integrated

->  /CUSTOM WINDOWS OS/01 - Windows XP/Non Activated

You are trying to install an OS on a PC that has SATA drives so you need SATA drivers integrated to your XP.

I made this one for Ulitza and it works.

Let us know.

N :)

• dave and cognizione like this

Beyond%20Admin_350x88.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users