Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Windows 8 Update issue

Windows 8 update issue

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Monkey13

Monkey13

• Members (inactive)
  • 12 posts

Hi All,

Please excuse my ignorance but I have had enough and need help. I have had to do a OS reinstall on my pc, I have retail copy of W7 and also have the Key for W8 that I purchased. Now I have managed to upgrade W7 to W8 but it keeps failing on updates and keeps reverting back. Now this is really getting on my man boobs as I try to only do a couple updates a t a time but when I go to restart as it asks me to do it keeps doing all 141 updates and again fails and again reverts back. So is there anything I can do to stop this as I want to utilize my W10 upgrade but cant even get W8 to update so I can go to 8.1 ( i like the start button).

Appreciate your insight and help on this before it all goes through the bleeding window :)

Monkey

• Snuffy and soundstyler like this

soundstyler

soundstyler

• BW9 Donator +
  • 932 posts

I'm not sure why you want to stage 7 to 8 to 8.1 to 10?? Why not just go 7 w/sp1 to 10 and not even care about 8 ? Is there a reason why you want 8 included ??

• Snuffy and Monkey13 like this

Posted Image

Monkey13

Monkey13

• Members (inactive)
  • 12 posts

I paid for W8 Pro and my reserved copy of W10 is pro

• Snuffy and soundstyler like this

soundstyler

soundstyler

• BW9 Donator +
  • 932 posts

Maybe I'm still missing something??  What version is 7 then if you were able to upgrade to 8?

• Snuffy likes this

Posted Image

Monkey13

Monkey13

• Members (inactive)
  • 12 posts

Windows 7 is retail so I have the disc for that and can upgrade to W8 pro (I bought from Microsoft for £25)but  W8 fails on updates and always reverts back which takes around 2hrs to do. I wanted  W8.1 as I like the start button but realize I can upgrade to W10 pro from W8 pro. My issue is if I cant update W8 then I can upgrade to W10 and I am stuck as to how I can do it.

Hope that's better explanation :)

• soundstyler likes this

apocalypse

apocalypse

• BW9 Donator +
  • 1,065 posts

Instead of doing all the updates in one shot. Remove all the check and do the first few one at a time and see if it works.

I used to have the same issue and it was one of the updates that was causing the issue. Once i did a few by themselves i was able to do the rest in a bunch. Not sure which update was causing the problem.

• Monkey13 likes this

Posted Image
Apocalypse

soundstyler

soundstyler

• BW9 Donator +
  • 932 posts

Retail being.. Home, Pro, Ultimate ? Pro or Ultimate should update direct to 10 Pro so I'm not sure still as why 8 is needed. The start button is in 10 too.

• Monkey13 likes this

Posted Image

Tunez

Tunez

Expiring Minds

• BW9 Donator +
  • 760 posts

I bought and paid for Win 8 PRO also BUT !!!!! Thanks to M$ your Win 8 key IS NO GOOD !!! why they did that I have no idea..Right now my Win 8 Pro sits on a shelf above my desktop with a MIDDLE FINGER drawn on it to remind me NEVER to buy anything M$ related again  :bootyshake:

Expiring Minds Wants his money back ....   :histerija: :histerija: :histerija:    :icon_pai:

• soundstyler likes this

2jfhj75.png

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,801 posts

Windows 7 is retail so I have the disc for that and can upgrade to W8 pro (I bought from Microsoft for £25)but  W8 fails on updates and always reverts back which takes around 2hrs to do. I wanted  W8.1 as I like the start button but realize I can upgrade to W10 pro from W8 pro. My issue is if I cant update W8 then I can upgrade to W10 and I am stuck as to how I can do it.

Hope that's better explanation :)

You can not UPDATE from Windows 8 to Windows 10.

but you can UPDATE from Windows 7 SP1 to Windows 10.

and you can not update from Windows 7 to Windows 8 or Windows 10.

YOU HAVE TO HAVE WINDOWS 7 SP1.

• dave, cognizione, soundstyler and 2 others like this

96ccd5e8-d519-4cda-9053-631ef1c070b8_zps

Keymaster

Keymaster

• Global Moderator
  • 1,700 posts

Ummm snuffy I upgraded from Windows 8 to windows 10.... maybe I was just lucky.. but I did... well maybe no come to think of it when I did the usb update thingy I mentioned in another post I remember it had to update to 8.1 first then it went to 10....

NOW I did update from Windows 7 Retail to 10 but it did have SP1 so try updating to sp1 then do the windows 10 upgrade from usb found here

http://www.beyondwin...ithout-waiting/

• Snuffy, dave and soundstyler like this

ALL MY RARS REQUIRE NEWEST WINRAR

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,801 posts

If you want to upgrade Windows 8 to Windows 10, MS states the only way.

1. Download the official Windows 10 ISO (which ever the latest offered is.)

2. Burn the ISO to your choice of MEDIA  DVD or USB.

3. Boot to Media and UPGRADE install, and enter the GENERIC Key which MS Provided and it will upgrade properly.

or so they say. just like XP can be upgrade the same way SO THEY SAY

• Tetley likes this

cognizione

cognizione

T.A.A.B # 2

• Administrators
  • 7,422 posts

M$ updated my W 8.1 to 10 pro...   :)  Guess it's time to wipe the hard drive and do a clean install

of W-10. and decide if I wanna keep 10   :dontknow:

• Snuffy, Tetley, soundstyler and 1 other like this

tGX16tl.png

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

donbrew

donbrew

Sr Member

• BeyondWindows9 Lover
  • 137 posts

I used the  M$ media creator tool to make a DVD It upgrades Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro (no key needed).  That's worked on 3 machines so far, and 1 from Insider.

http://windows.micro...on-tool-install

I gave up trying to do the automatic updates, the files are on my HD but it would not rum.

• Snuffy, dave, cognizione and 1 other like this

BW9loverSmall_zps4a7056be.png

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,801 posts

Reports from Relation all over Texas, California, Missoura, and Arkansas and Kansas that

so far only 1 has had success with WU, from Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, OEM and Pro.

so I have sent them the link for the MS Downloader so they can DL the ISO and use as they see fit..

EMail has been flooded with HELP requests...

:histerija: :histerija: :histerija: :histerija:

PS: My sister just called an she has been stuck for over 12 hours on WAU. 

• dave, cognizione, soundstyler and 1 other like this

Monkey13

Monkey13

• Members (inactive)
  • 12 posts

Hey all thanks for all replies, I ended up reinstalling W8.1 after doing the updates that were causing me problems a couple at a time and now I am in the process of upgrading to W10 woo hoo.

Again appreciate all above :)  :headbang:

• Snuffy, dave and cognizione like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users