Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Tech Company - El Capitan?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

rmleloup

rmleloup

• BW9 Donator +
  • 24 posts

So,

Not sure if this is a /fail on my management of unnamed company. But they've suggested a "kickass" link... for downloading a candidate model of El Capitan..... and using it for clients, yet in the past... they've been very thoroughly explicit on not using select "material"... 

/confused morals...

Regardless,

*edited*

Apologies if i'm stepping out of line, just trying to better acquaint myself with knowledge to better my role, and my reply to such an outwardly...unique approach... on work.... :boxing:

- rmleloup

• trickie69r, Tetley, Bruce and 1 other like this

2efnccm.png

Maxed

Maxed

SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 8,856 posts

I am not sure about the release but downloading it from a torrent site we will not reccomend.

• alfreire, trickie69r, cognizione and 3 others like this

YOHAE9jH.png

trickie69r

trickie69r

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 228 posts

You could always get the El Capitan GM Candidate direct from Apple by joining their "Apple Beta Software Program" then downloading via the App Store in OSX

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

Thats how I got mine then I created a USB installer for my other OSX machines by following the steps found here: http://osxdaily.com/...tall-usb-drive/

• dave, Haich, rmleloup and 2 others like this

bi5hg2.png

Maxed

Maxed

SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 8,856 posts

You could always get the El Capitan GM Candidate direct from Apple by joining their "Apple Beta Software Program" then downloading via the App Store in OSX

Thats how I got mine then I created a USB installer for my other OSX machines by following the steps found here: http://osxdaily.com/...tall-usb-drive/

Thank you for the Info.

M. :)

• dave, trickie69r, soundstyler and 3 others like this

YOHAE9jH.png

trickie69r

trickie69r

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 228 posts

Thank you for the Info.

M. :)

No probs

Note:
You only need your Apple ID for downloading El Capitan GM, it is not needed for installing
  • dave, cognizione, soundstyler and 4 others like this

bi5hg2.png

rmleloup

rmleloup

• BW9 Donator +
  • 24 posts

Perfect idea, one downside for me... I have yet to pickup a macbook (cheap or otherwise...) to complete this as an opportunity. I have to be able to provide this to clients outright as an easy access. Including os refresh options.

Is there an eta for actual release, so we can legitimately provide it fairly and safely? Haven't had any concrete dates on the google... :/

Ty for the thorough clarifications though. :)

• dave, trickie69r, Dahaka and 2 others like this

2efnccm.png

trickie69r

trickie69r

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 228 posts

Perfect idea, one downside for me... I have yet to pickup a macbook (cheap or otherwise...) to complete this as an opportunity. I have to be able to provide this to clients outright as an easy access. Including os refresh options.

Is there an eta for actual release, so we can legitimately provide it fairly and safely? Haven't had any concrete dates on the google... :/

Ty for the thorough clarifications though. :)

The only "official" way of getting osx is via the app store on a Mac.

You could always load a virtual osx using vmware or something similar (there are some virtual images of Yosemite / Mavericks floating about) then create a usb installer using that.

You can find everything you need on the FTP (Admins, not sure if this topic needs moving to VIP due to mentioning the FTP)
  • dave, Dahaka, Bruce and 1 other like this

bi5hg2.png

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,993 posts

I spent my entire day yesterday attempting to get a El Capitan running in VMWare yesterday to no avail. My upgrade came out bad with no files opening (open comes up empty folders), I DLed the Install OS X El Capitan GM Candidate.app & created a couple ISOs to try to clean install in VM to no avail. The Disk Utility is broken in El Capitan so far, BTW. Used my Yosemite ISO for that.

I need to set this aside for a day & get back to it. I :banghead:  all day long yesterday.  :histerija:

Oh the OS X El Capitan DVD Creator.app works great BTW & made a ISO that my VM actually booted from, but it wouldn't mount my virtual disk correctly (Macintosh) to install. Prolly a part of the Disk Utility that is messed up.

• Bruce and Maxed like this

l8Ea9q8f.png

Sorry, my 3,384 images hosted with Dropbox will no longer show.

rmleloup

rmleloup

• BW9 Donator +
  • 24 posts

The only "official" way of getting osx is via the app store on a Mac.

You could always load a virtual osx using vmware or something similar (there are some virtual images of Yosemite / Mavericks floating about) then create a usb installer using that.

You can find everything you need on the FTP (Admins, not sure if this topic needs moving to VIP due to mentioning the FTP)

Reference to something, edited..

I spent my entire day yesterday attempting to get a El Capitan running in VMWare yesterday to no avail. My upgrade came out bad with no files opening (open comes up empty folders), I DLed the Install OS X El Capitan GM Candidate.app & created a couple ISOs to try to clean install in VM to no avail. The Disk Utility is broken in El Capitan so far, BTW. Used my Yosemite ISO for that.

I need to set this aside for a day & get back to it. I :banghead:  all day long yesterday.  :histerija:

Oh the OS X El Capitan DVD Creator.app works great BTW & made a ISO that my VM actually booted from, but it wouldn't mount my virtual disk correctly (Macintosh) to install. Prolly a part of the Disk Utility that is messed up.

Ouch,

So basically.... Don't assume epic, as i'll facepalm myself in the field with the el capitan release ish that is the candidate from apple so far.../neverdothistoclients...never.../

• dave, Dahaka and Bruce like this

2efnccm.png

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,993 posts

Yeah, I'm not even a little excited about returning to this project, 'til I do a little more research.  ;)

• Dahaka and Bruce like this

l8Ea9q8f.png

aben2amu

aben2amu

MacOS Section Moderator

• 84 posts

I honestly don't see anything wrong with EC, I have it installed on one of my macs and it is quite solid.

Disk Utility changed with EC.

It will be released on Wednesday 30th.

• dave, cognizione, Tetley and 3 others like this

2rnvlky.png

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,993 posts

Yeah, I still can't do a clean VM installation with El Capitan in VMWare with the ISO I made due to Disk Utility. It will mount to make a partition, but fails to mount your created partition to install. My workaround was to upgrade a clean Yosemite, but the disk space is 3x larger. Not acceptable to me.

I defragged my Virtual disk in VMWare & the El Capitan runs way faster off a mechanical HDD. I haven't tested it on my SSD yet.

• cognizione, Tetley, Bruce and 1 other like this

l8Ea9q8f.png

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,993 posts

OK, so I hadda test my El Capitan VM installation on my SSD (there went W10 back to HDD once again)  :histerija:

As expected, it worked great & is really responsive. I think I'll keep 'er there awhile. All my OSes share all my VMs.

El%20Capitan%20on%20SSD.PNG

• cognizione, Tetley, rmleloup and 2 others like this

l8Ea9q8f.png

rmleloup

rmleloup

• BW9 Donator +
  • 24 posts

I honestly don't see anything wrong with EC, I have it installed on one of my macs and it is quite solid.

Disk Utility changed with EC.

It will be released on Wednesday 30th.

30th, vip reference? or direct from apple?

• dave and Tetley like this

2efnccm.png

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,993 posts

OS%20X%20El%20Capitan%20released.PNG

https://itunes.apple...9117&mt=12&ls=1

• Tetley likes this

l8Ea9q8f.png

rmleloup

rmleloup

• BW9 Donator +
  • 24 posts

So how does one get it on pc in a non mac environment to make bootable mac usb's (I can make bootables, have done so very well, just need to have a true source file, not some pirated edition on torrent that may/may not work in the field and clients flip their beaks....

2efnccm.png

sjprg

sjprg

GFX & Images Related Software Expert

• Global Moderator
  • 1,810 posts

I can access my MS Windows 10 network from my MBP "El Capitan" BUT I can't figure out how to login to the Mac from the MS network. I can see the MBP but the password is not accepted. I did have it working under Yosemite, but I don't remember how I did it and Apple techs don't seem to know either. Any help available? I use the Mac very little and only for Final Cut Pro to cleanup film clips for friends who have NO computer savy and less film savy. I also store backup of all my images and film clips on a 2TB HDD connected to the Thunderbolt port. The MBP was given to me by a friend who purchased a later model and I stumbled across a Cinema display in estate sale for $200.00. It looks impressive but I'm definitely NOT a knowledgeable  Apple person.

Paul

Posted Image
Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users