Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Windows 10 upgrade nag just got worse!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

sam3971

sam3971

• Global Moderator
  • 1,737 posts

Hi everyone,

So I accidentally ran into this article this morning and thought I would share it. According to the report, Microsoft is going to start displaying Full Screen nags to users running windows 7 in an attempt to get the user to upgrade to windows 10. I know the previous method was annoying enough but "Full Screens"? I hope this does not affect you and I believe there are still remedies to solving this issue without taking the leap of faith and upgrading.

Source: http://news.softpedi...-7-495283.shtml

• Snuffy, dave, alfreire and 10 others like this

XspFLuzZ.png

• Members
  • 15 posts

I built a fort around my win 7 with water ditch and put crocs in it. So let see if MS can penetrate that.this-is-sparta-emoticon.gif :ph34r:

• Snuffy, sam3971, dave and 9 others like this

2ng60j7.jpg

Dahaka

Dahaka

Backup & HDD Tools Moderator

• 3,750 posts

I know the previous method was annoying enough but "Full Screens"? 

Welcome to the new age of spamming... :histerija:  :histerija:

• dave, frenchie, kingkong800 and 4 others like this

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 15,044 posts

Hi everyone,

So I accidentally ran into this article this morning and thought I would share it. According to the report, Microsoft is going to start displaying Full Screen nags to users running windows 7 in an attempt to get the user to upgrade to windows 10. I know the previous method was annoying enough but "Full Screens"? I hope this does not affect you and I believe there are still remedies to solving this issue without taking the leap of faith and upgrading.

Source: http://news.softpedi...-7-495283.shtml

I wonder if the change time will work... one client i changed the time by 1hr different time  zone. no autos from MS and she said NO nags from them

but to get you have to do 100% manual of course change the time to correct if you want MS updates. :) :) she does not have any Windows 7

• cognizione, frenchie, Dahaka and 3 others like this

PM07fvlP.png

donbrew

donbrew

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 142 posts

Now they have made it a "critical" update.  If you uncheck it, the updater will not run.  If you hide it all of the other checked updates will run.

• Snuffy, dave, Tetley and 3 others like this

Posted Image

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 15,044 posts

Even Windows 8.x Enterprise is getting a banner for UPDATE to Windows 10 FREE. and you know Damn Well that Enterprise is NO FREE,

so i Imaged - moved to External - came bac and tool the UPGRADE OFFER...

WHAT - UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10 PROFESSIONAL....

No thanks - restored back to Enterprise 8.1.

• sam3971, dave, Tetley and 3 others like this

PM07fvlP.png

dhjohns

dhjohns

Exalted

• BW9 Donator +
  • 6,336 posts

Even Windows 8.x Enterprise is getting a banner for UPDATE to Windows 10 FREE. and you know Damn Well that Enterprise is NO FREE,

So they upgraded you to Pro?  Cool!

• Sundown likes this

WQzxyjG7.png

sam3971

sam3971

• Global Moderator
  • 1,737 posts

Haha, you know any businesses that were upgraded from 8.1 Enterprise to 10 Pro is probably mad. That does not seem right. Then again, this whole forcing users to upgrade BS is messed up too haha. My companies IT department had to literally disable the GWX app using WSUS completely xD

• Sundown likes this

XspFLuzZ.png

donbrew

donbrew

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 142 posts

I just now installed a fresh MSDUN Win7 Ultimate, then protected with GWX Control Panel.  Updated everything (took hours).  Everything went well; activated, Genuine, no Win10 app, works good.

Thing is: first time I used Internet Explorer there was a popup offering Windows 10 free upgrade.  It looked like one of those designed for rookies to unknowingly click.

You are now asking "why Win7?".  It is an old machine that won't run 10 very well and I have a couple of necessary programs that just won't work in Win10.  It came with XP/free rights to Vista upgrade in 2004.  This machine will be running headless with TeamViewer.

It really is odd that a machine that fails the upgrade advisor gets the upgrade nags.

• Tetley likes this

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users