Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Download Windows 10 November Update ISO file via Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Tetley

Tetley

Tetley News

• Global Moderator
  • 10,529 posts

Download Windows 10 November Update ISO file via Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool

If you want to install Windows 10 from scratch with the November update bits included, then you might be looking around the Web for ISOs. Microsoft has made it easier than that, however, by providing the Media Creation Tool that will download and create installation media (including an ISO file) for you. Here’s a quick overview of how to get it done.

Download the Media Creation Tool
First, you’ll want to go to the Software Download site. You’ll notice that there are really two options–upgrading an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 machine, and creating a USB, DVD, or ISO file. If you’re on an older system, then by all means go ahead and upgrade it. That will skip some steps.

If you want to create media to upgrade or clean install a different system, then skip down the page and hit the “Download tool now” button. Once it finishes downloading, click the “Run” option in your browser or run the utility from your Downloads folder.

Download-Media-Creation-Tool Download Windows 10 November Update ISO file via Microsoft's Media Creation Tool
In Edge, the download options look like this.

We want to create new media, so select the option “Create installation media for another PC” and click “Next”:

R6nbMnC.jpg
Select “Create installation media for another PC.”

The tool will make some assumptions based on the machine it runs on, including the language, the Windows 10 edition, and the architecture (32-bt vs 64-bit). If you want to change anything, just uncheck “Use the recommended options for this PC” box and make your selections:

ImiWB9A.jpg
Accept the defaults or make your changes.

You can create a USB flash drive directly, or create an ISO file that you can then burn to a DVD at your leisure:

Mh0Ebig.jpg
USB flash drive or ISO?
Creating an ISO file
If you choose to create an ISO file, then select the file location to save it to. Give it a name or accept the default, then click “Save” to continue:

3j1Hwse.jpg?1
Choose where to save your ISO file.

The download might take a few minutes depending on your Internet speeds, so go get a cup of coffee or your favorite beverage:

asIOSsw.jpg
The download might take awhile.

Once the file is downloaded, the media will be created. That process also takes a few minutes depending on your system:

roCPO3g.jpg
Ditto with creating the media.

Once the file is created, the tool will provide some tips, an option to open the location where the ISO is now stored, and an option to open DVD burner:

uTvhBiz.jpg
Now you can burn your ISO.

If you click “Open DVD burner,” the Windows Disc Image Burner app should open and offer to burn the DVD:

w5m4RpM.jpg
Windows Disc Image Burner.
If you get an error dialog instead:
XnXzpPL.jpg
You might get an error instead of the DVD burner utility.

Simply go to the download folder, right-click on the ISO file, and select “Burn disc image.” Otherwise, click “Finish” on the Windows 10 Setup window, and you’re done.

Creating a USB flash drive
First, grab a USB flash drive with sufficient storage space. An 8GB drive is sufficient. Format it as FAT32 to ensure that it works with both old-style BIOS systems and newer UEFI systems like Microsoft Surface Pro machines. Plug it in.

You’ll have followed the previous directions, only selecting “USB Flash Drive” as the media to be created. You’ll be presented with a choice of available USB flash drives. Make sure the right one is selected, and click “Next.”

zg61nB8.jpg
Make sure the right USB flash drive is selected.

As with the ISO download method, you’ll be presented with “Downloading Windows 10” and “Creating Windows 10 Media” screenshots. Once you’re done, the tool will let you know and indicate the new boot drive’s letter, and you can click “Finish.”

3h5vTgZ.jpg
Your USB flash drive is ready!
Have your media?
Once you have your media created, then follow the instructions for your machine to perform the installation. If you’re clean installing on a machine that hasn’t been previously upgraded to Windows 10, then you’ll need a valid Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 product key.

So, that’s all there is to it. Go get your Windows 10 November update media now! 

• Snuffy, dave, alfreire and 8 others like this

5ULDs17.png

Bruce

Bruce

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 275 posts

Did an upgrade an hour ago via this tool and got 1511 no problems :)

• Snuffy, dave, cognizione and 5 others like this

r77mnl.png

Cyberstalker

Cyberstalker

Decepticon

• BW9 Donator +
  • 815 posts

neither of my pc's are seeing the update still, may just go this route later

• Snuffy, dave, Tetley and 2 others like this

adf01558af.png

Ap1962

Ap1962

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 168 posts

I need the Enterprise ltsb version from windows 10, where can i find them? I have still not had the update from microsoft, and need to suscible on msdn but for me to expensive. Who can help me with the Dutch version?

• Snuffy and Cyberstalker like this

Posted Image

Cyberstalker

Cyberstalker

Decepticon

• BW9 Donator +
  • 815 posts

wound up having to do this for my desktop, ill deal with the laptop later today if it still doesnt get the update

• dave, Tetley and Jackaluichi like this

adf01558af.png

Ap1962

Ap1962

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 168 posts

Thanks for the info  Error: Unknown,

I hope that Snuffy can help me, how to fix it and i have yesterday download the torrent link that Snuffy have place here on this forum.

Hope that it is the Enterprise ltsb th2 10586 511 build, if yes and snuffy can tell it me then can i update them and have the Dutch lp.cab file

to update them to the dutch language. Well i will wait for the answere from Snuffy, thanks for it my friend

Regards from Ap1962 (Albert) from the Netherlands :occasion14:

• dave, Tetley and Cyberstalker like this

Posted Image

leopardpaws

leopardpaws

• Members (inactive)
  • 1 posts

Did an upgrade an hour ago via this tool and got 1511 no problems :)

Did you have Windows 10 installed already on your computer or computers? I have Windows 10 installed and would use it if not for fear of losing any files or folders wheather they be permanant or temporary. Thanks in advance.

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 15,050 posts

Thanks for the info  Error: Unknown,

I hope that Snuffy can help me, how to fix it and i have yesterday download the torrent link that Snuffy have place here on this forum.

Hope that it is the Enterprise ltsb th2 10586 511 build, if yes and snuffy can tell it me then can i update them and have the Dutch lp.cab file

to update them to the dutch language. Well i will wait for the answere from Snuffy, thanks for it my friend

Regards from Ap1962 (Albert) from the Netherlands :occasion14:

There is NO Windows 10 LTSB 10586

only Windows 10 Enterprise 10586.

• dave, Tetley and Jackaluichi like this

PM07fvlP.png

Ap1962

Ap1962

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 168 posts

How can i make them LTSB Snuffy, thanks for the information my friend and i hope you can help me how to do this  :occasion14: or must i going back to the build 10240?

Regards from Ap1962 (Albert)

• Snuffy likes this

Posted Image

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 15,050 posts

How can i make them LTSB Snuffy, thanks for the information my friend and i hope you can help me how to do this  :occasion14: or must i going back to the build 10240?

Regards from Ap1962 (Albert)

The only LTSB is 10240 at this time...  it is  EnterpriseS or EnterpriseSN, plain Enterprise there is a 10586 Release.

Every POST of LINK that I have seen that CLAIMS LTSB other than 10240 if FAKE 100%

• dave, Jackaluichi and Danielx64 like this

PM07fvlP.png

Danielx64

Danielx64

• Global Moderator
  • 1,511 posts
Downloading now with the media creater tool.
  • Snuffy, Tetley and Jackaluichi like this

pFAfoZEK.png

Ap1962

Ap1962

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 168 posts

No i have not speak about LTSB, that you have put here in this forum my friend Snuffy. I have only ask you if is there a LTSB nevember th2 build 10586, and that is what i not mean about the link still  i have to wait when coming the new release from Microsoft so that i can upgrade it to the new build  :occasion14:

Regards from Ap1962 (Albert) and have a great weekend Snuffy

• Tetley likes this

Posted Image

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 15,050 posts

I have only ask you if is there a LTSB nevember th2 build 10586,

NO there is not such.

You might have to wait a very long time for a UPGRADE for LTSB

updates - there are some.

• Jackaluichi and Maxed like this

PM07fvlP.png

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,996 posts

LTSB = Long Term Service Branch, and most likely will not ever have a major update/upgrade with the other editions, build wise. It is meant for Mission Critical machines, and is designed by M$ to not follow the leaders, until fully tested by the masses.

Security updates only with the other editions on LTSB.

• Tetley, Jackaluichi and Maxed like this

l8Ea9q8f.png

Sorry, my 3,384 images hosted with Dropbox will no longer show.

kornm

kornm

• BW9 Donator +
  • 38 posts

I works 100% as described.

BTW - I discovered that beyondW9.com does textbox in which I wanted to write the comment does not work in EDGE.

Posted Image

Bruce

Bruce

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 275 posts

Did you have Windows 10 installed already on your computer or computers? I have Windows 10 installed and would use it if not for fear of losing any files or folders wheather they be permanant or temporary. Thanks in advance.

no it was an upgrade from 7 on a laptop I repaired :)

r77mnl.png

shearer69

shearer69

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 124 posts

I used the tool to make flash drive of th1511 and upgrade 2 pro versions of win 10 no problem and a laptop with win 7

• Snuffy, dave, cognizione and 2 others like this

245desx.png

laserbeam

laserbeam

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 95 posts

Wow! Downloaded and made an ISO.  Thought I was going to th1511.  An hour to upgrade and my original windows 10 is still 10240.  Why didn't it upgrade to 1511 instead of an inplace install?  I upgraded my wife's computer to windows 10 after mine, and she got the 1511 upgrade and I am scratching my head!  I am not being offered t;he upgrade and windows media creator left me right where I started from!  Any suggestions?  Thanks :banghead: :banghead:

2i4612.png

laserbeam

laserbeam

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 95 posts

Well my upgrade to th1511 finally succeeded. When I first tried it I used the media creation tool for windows 10. I then used the newer tool and the upgrade went smoothly.  Go figure!  Maybe the older tool was tied to windows 10 rtm, but the newer tool for the November upgrade.

• Snuffy, dave, cognizione and 1 other like this

2i4612.png

SOTMHG

SOTMHG

• BW9 Donator +
  • 8 posts

Microsoft has been around for 41 years. I was leery the first time around when they were giving away Windows 10 for free… this is unprecedented in the history of the company does anyone know the real logic in them giving this operating system away? These types of juggernauts don't just give away things for no reason. My apologies in advance if this is a stupid question but I have trust issues in this day and time with anything free from corporate America.

• Snuffy and Tetley like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users