Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

how can I dual boot pc

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

catchjudo

catchjudo

• Members
  • 5 posts

I had window 7 on one hard drive and windows 10 on another when starting they duel booted and I selected which drive I wanted. win 10 through a wobbly and I had to reinstall it, now I have to press F12 to open win 10 win 7 doesn't appear how can I reset the duel boot system to work. I am running a self-build  desktop PC. Any suggestions please

• GODAMONGUS, dave, Tetley and 1 other like this

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,871 posts

EasyBCD is free & easy to use from your W10 installation. Just add your W7 Drive & you're off to the races.

You'll hafta set your W10 HDD as 1st boot device in BIOS so that you don't hafta select F12, for this method.

Method #2

Have you tried to select your W7 drive for booting via F12? You MAY hafta fix your W7 installation boot.

Use your install disk as if you were going to reinstall, and on the 2nd page select Repair my computer, then use other recovery options & choose command prompt.

To keep your windows 7 HDD as 1st boot device

Insert the following followed by enter on each response:

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /fixboot

bootrec /rebuildbcd

Notice the space between bootrec and the / symbol

On the rebuildbcd entry it should scan your drives for Windows installations & find 2, so select A for add all.

EasyBCD

http://neosmart.net/EasyBCD/

EasyBCD%20add%20w7.PNG

• GODAMONGUS, alfreire, cognizione and 4 others like this

dave%20green%20sig.png

>CyberGhosT

>CyberGhosT

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 460 posts

Dave's right, its the easiest to use I use it too, it will also rename the drives display name too so if you dual boot similar builds they are easy to tell apart. PeAcE

• Snuffy and catchjudo like this

Bar_022017.png

vonbretheim

vonbretheim

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 249 posts

what kind of weapons did they use during the duel? :)

i have mine dual booting instead to avoid conflict. ;)

(da debble made me do it)

• Snuffy, Tetley, windrider and 1 other like this

angelsigpic2.jpg
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food!

33xcuut.png

catchjudo

catchjudo

• Members
  • 5 posts

thanks for your reply's . i have installed Easy BCD unfortunately it wont open installed it on win 10 and 7 drives no joy reinstalled still wont open ! any ideas :help: 

vonbretheim

vonbretheim

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 249 posts

easybcd just upgraded to 2.3

i had 2.2 and it installed & ran OK on win10 x64 build 11102 & the prev. one.

2.3 works fine too.

post-1910-0-25897700-1453818228.jpg

Attached File  Capture 001.jpg   208.66KB   4 downloads

are you running nyours from an admin account? mine has NO elevation or 'run as admin.' set.

• dave, cognizione, Tetley and 2 others like this

angelsigpic2.jpg
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food!

33xcuut.png

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,844 posts

thanks for your reply's . i have installed Easy BCD unfortunately it wont open installed it on win 10 and 7 drives no joy reinstalled still wont open ! any ideas :help: 

Easy BCD has to be installed on ea OS that you want to use it on.

so if your master boot is Windows 7.

install easybcd. 

it should add to the desktop so you can then OPEN it.

1.PNG

then add a new

2.png

then once you add the new one edit to chang eht name so you know what one is what

3.png

then you can rename and select the one you want to boot to

5.png

save setting then exit  and then reboot  it will auto select the OS you selected.

• dave, >CyberGhosT and catchjudo like this

PM07fvlP.png

catchjudo

catchjudo

• Members
  • 5 posts

thanks guys sorted it. I had installed easybcd 2.3  to both drives neither would open to let me change boot system. I uninstalled them and downloaded the earlier version 2.2 installed on both drives they opened alright did the necessary alterations . went into the bios reordered the hard drive order, restarted PC Bingo the duel boot screen appeared  all is fine now. Thanks  guys for giving me some ideas on what to do :fc:

• Snuffy, dave, cognizione and 2 others like this

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,844 posts

You can also now change default with

msconfig --> boot and change now - :)

• Tetley, >CyberGhosT and catchjudo like this

PM07fvlP.png

>CyberGhosT

>CyberGhosT

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 460 posts

No worries Catch, you will find that most of the members here are truly good peeps, just keep an eye on that Dave fella :P lol

Just a "FYI", you would love the VIP membership, and it's at a awesome price now. PeAcE

• dave and catchjudo like this

Bar_022017.png

Al

Al

• BW9 Donator +
  • 738 posts

Have you considered running just your primary OS from your hard drive and using VM or Oracle VirtualBox when you need to access the other?

• Tetley and catchjudo like this

Posted Image

[Retired: Each morning I make a list of those things that I'm not going to do today and then I don't do them]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users