Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Stardocks "Start10"

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

>CyberGhosT

>CyberGhosT

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 427 posts

At only 5 bucks, you know I had to try this out.
It was more than I expected.

I enjoy modding Windows so I have been aware of StarDock for quite some time, and just out of curiosity I noticed my StarDock bookmark way down there at the bottom of my RoBo Form bookmarks, so off I went.

With Start10 all I was looking for was a easy way to change out Start Button's in Windows 10 x64
It does that nicely as you can see in the SS :P
But the transparent task bar with the art, is due to Start10 as well as the Metro looking start menu. Many dif looks to choose from as well.
Well worth it if you ask me.
Aslo includes a win 7 style start menu.. PeAcE

Windows10_SS.jpg

• Wildfire1701, alfreire, cognizione and 5 others like this

My_Bar_Jan182017.png

gary599

gary599

Sr Member

• BeyondWindows9 Lover
  • 10 posts

I use http://startisback.com/ and it only cost 2.99

• alfreire, cognizione, Tetley and 5 others like this

BW9loverSmall_zps4a7056be.png

cognizione

cognizione

T.A.A.B # 2

• Administrators
  • 7,319 posts

Classic shell. It's free... :histerija:

• alfreire, Tetley, soundstyler and 6 others like this

tGX16tl.png

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

Tunez

Tunez

Expiring Minds

• BW9 Donator +
  • 751 posts

I tried Stardocks "Start10" , used it for about 6 secs because I couldn't find my freakin magnifying glass to see the menu when it opened so back to Win 10's menu...

• alfreire, >CyberGhosT, Maxed and 1 other like this

2jfhj75.png

cognizione

cognizione

T.A.A.B # 2

• Administrators
  • 7,319 posts

I tried Stardocks "Start10" , used it for about 6 secs because I couldn't find my freakin magnifying glass to see the menu when it opened so back to Win 10's menu...

Tunez meet me at Ceasars and I'll buy you Classic Shell...  :histerija: :histerija:

• alfreire, Dahaka, >CyberGhosT and 2 others like this

tGX16tl.png

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,646 posts

I solved that with larger folders, icons, & text in Classic Shell & use all my real estate.  ;)

Classic%20Shell%20custum%20folder%20size

• >CyberGhosT, Maxed and Sundown like this

dave%20green%20sig.png

Maxed

Maxed

SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 8,752 posts

I use startisback I like it better than stardocks program. :) if I wanted an XP style layout like Dave likes I would use classic shell just my preference. ;) 

• dave, cognizione, Dahaka and 2 others like this

MaxedSig.png

Dahaka

Dahaka

Backup & HDD Tools Moderator

• 3,616 posts

I use startisback I like it better than stardocks program. :) if I wanted an XP style layout like Dave likes I would use classic shell just my preference. ;) 

I use startisback too - I tried the other options - they were not working the way I needed them.

• cognizione, >CyberGhosT and Sundown like this

>CyberGhosT

>CyberGhosT

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 427 posts

I tried Classic Shell about 2 mos ago, did not like the layout.

Don't get me wrong I like free, but somethings are worth paying for , if for nothing else the assurity that it's going to provide me with updates that keep it working "in a timely manner" and the support (if needed).

There are all kinds of free orb changers as well but once in a while I like to give myself a lil treat, and at that price I'm not out anything if it failed to work.

Thanks for the awesome feedback. PeAcE

• cognizione, Dahaka and Sundown like this

My_Bar_Jan182017.png

Tunez

Tunez

Expiring Minds

• BW9 Donator +
  • 751 posts

Tunez meet me at Ceasars and I'll buy you Classic Shell...  :histerija: :histerija:

OK Cog, you buy me a Classic Shell and I'll buy you a rum and coke and we'll play the slot machines till we are broke...   :histerija: :histerija:

2jfhj75.png

Sundown

Sundown

Sr Member

• BW9 VIP Platinum
  • 286 posts

My wife likes Stardock.  She's been using it since XP and she is using Win 8.1 now.  I used Classic Shell from the first install of Windows 8 and I liked it better than any of the other free UI enhancement apps and even more than most of the pay for apps like Stardock.  I like and use the right click menu in Windows 10, so I'll give Classic Shell a trial run just to see how well it works for me. 

80WkfDD.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users