Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Can I downgrade 64bit to 32bit ?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

aacm

aacm

Sr Member

• BW9 VIP Platinum
  • 273 posts

Jajajaja!!  Yes my friend SJPRG you are right... they are cheap in the price they have to pay   I know I am talking about my friend also... The equipment he has to change cost 6,000 and try to avoid it... however can't help.. just a little and he must be paid for that...  Thanks for sharing your stories I have some similar to yours... incredible...  Thanks !!!

• sjprg likes this

15wxqgo.png

aacm

aacm

Sr Member

• BW9 VIP Platinum
  • 273 posts

Well not all of them.. !!! little correction ;)

15wxqgo.png

soundstyler

soundstyler

• BW9 Donator +
  • 932 posts

I don't know anything about dental programs but I do still use a couple 32bit legacy programs that even though they are for XP, they run flawless using WOW64 menu on 7, 8.1 and 10. Has this been tried? Seems like it should help here. Just a thought :headbang:

• Tetley likes this

Posted Image

aacm

aacm

Sr Member

• BW9 VIP Platinum
  • 273 posts

Thanks soundstyler.. appreciated your comment..

Yes dental software are really complicated and force to use certain files... I wish to know those files so I can fix it.. Well thanks again 

• Tetley likes this

15wxqgo.png

roady

roady

General Help

• Global Moderator
  • 3,198 posts

aacm,if your friend is running Win 7 Pro,maybe you can convince him to install and run the free XP mode addon.....that way,he can keep best of both worlds...

• Tetley likes this

nda92u.png

Motto of the Malinois Shepherd : 'Semper fi.'till my death does us part.'

dhjohns

dhjohns

Exalted

• BW9 Donator +
  • 6,330 posts

The dentist should just upgrade his equipment, and write it off as a business expense.  If his stuff is so old it will only run on XP then he probably should have replaced it years ago anyway.  Dentists charge a ton of money, and always try to get you to spend more.

• sjprg and soundstyler like this

WQzxyjG7.png

sjprg

sjprg

GFX & Images Related Software Expert

• Global Moderator
  • 1,810 posts

I think they have a special course in dental school in how to maximize income and minimize outlay by squeezing.

• dhjohns likes this

Posted Image
Paul

aacm

aacm

Sr Member

• BW9 VIP Platinum
  • 273 posts

jajjjajaaa  you guys.. !!!  all of you are right !!!  the equipment he has is OK however the software is old on ly works with 32 bit but ONly this software all others he has working find with windows 7 Pro 64bit??   so explain this company is charging him just for software and change like Ethernet card or something like that....

Well  I install all other software and works pretty good in 64bit.. SO just this particular program.. and now this program was develop by company is NOT in business any more however the Main company of the equipment is not support it any more and they don't want to spend the money to develop for 64bit.... Well I try to load it in 32 without any success,  I wish to know how to fix it ....... but like you guys said .. is time to move on !!! 

Well I will let you know how goes ... tomorrow is the day I gonna work in those computers... but first I will install in ONE computer first to see how works and IF goes fine I will let you know too... IF goes wrong and he didn't like it ... I will let you know too... any way I give you all of you updates about it....

What a awesome community we are!!!   Don't you think !!!!

• cognizione and dhjohns like this

15wxqgo.png

dhjohns

dhjohns

Exalted

• BW9 Donator +
  • 6,330 posts

Autodesk are assholes like that too.  They put out versions 2012 right before W-8 came out, but didn't support W-8.  If you want to upgrade to 8, then you spend thousands of dollars on new Autocad because they won't develop a patch.   So you upgrade, but all the files you make are not backwards compatible, so if you work with other companies that don't upgrade, you can't create files on your new up to date software, and let them view it on their last year software, and Autocad says Sorry Charlie!

WQzxyjG7.png

aacm

aacm

Sr Member

• BW9 VIP Platinum
  • 273 posts

Well I install new HD with windows 7 32bit, and works pretty good now Doctor is try for these past days and works well.. only the software that suppose work with windows 7 got litlle problem with connectivity with their box they use to take x-ray, is a USB port connect but need bust with power cord because needs more power, since the PC power supply doesn't good enough.  I will tell you the name of the switch I don't remember now... well thanks for all your comments are very educated and many people will get good info about it..

as always

I appreciated...

• Snuffy, dave, Tetley and 3 others like this

15wxqgo.png

sjprg

sjprg

GFX & Images Related Software Expert

• Global Moderator
  • 1,810 posts

If you really can get it to operate under W7X32 I suggest that you install an SSD which will really help as a PC that old really needs all the help it can get. I have an old dell setup under XP to run a slide scanner that can't be replaced. The SSD makes it useable. For the USB port, look on line, they do have external powered USB adapters that go in-between the PC port and the external box. I found that I had better luck with the xray units if I ran them on a separate PC. 

• dave likes this

Posted Image
Paul

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,993 posts

If you really can get it to operate under W7X32 I suggest that you install an SSD which will really help as a PC that old really needs all the help it can get. I have an old dell setup under XP to run a slide scanner that can't be replaced. The SSD makes it useable. For the USB port, look on line, they do have external powered USB adapters that go in-between the PC port and the external box. I found that I had better luck with the xray units if I ran them on a separate PC. 

A whole separate PC? The one he's using now for xrays is under the receptionists desk.  :histerija:    Just Kidding!

• cognizione, dhjohns and >CyberGhosT like this

l8Ea9q8f.png

Sorry, my 3,384 images hosted with Dropbox will no longer show.

aacm

aacm

Sr Member

• BW9 VIP Platinum
  • 273 posts

jajajaja!!! Dave... thanks sjprg

• dave likes this

15wxqgo.png

Sandwichman

Sandwichman

• BW9 Donator +
  • 1,068 posts

It's funny how everyone is talking about dentists. It's one of the most lucrative professions there is. Annual mean wage: $170,940 (Dentists) http://www.askmen.co...n-the-us_2.html

That isn't the money their business makes, it's their project personal salary. 

They should have more than enough money to keep their systems in check and upgraded. No I know it's not an absolute for every person, but come on. at least upgrade a computer or two.l

• dhjohns likes this

2lc5gqq.png

>CyberGhosT

>CyberGhosT

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 467 posts
roflmao @ Dave :)

Bar_022017.png

"Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?."- Steve Polyak

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users