Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Auto Update to Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,844 posts

I have a client that today(Mar 19) when I checked all the Windows 7 & 8.1 systems, autoupdate had Windows 10 to update if they clicked the "INSTALL IMPORTANT" updates, so I did uncheck the Windows 10 then updated, on reboot they again had IMPORTANT Updates available... it was the Windows 10 1151. WARNING, READ BEFORE YOU CLICK ANY UPDATES.

• dave, alfreire, cognizione and 6 others like this

PM07fvlP.png

chuckyp

chuckyp

GL MODERATOR

• Global Moderator
  • 2,756 posts

Thanks for the Info mate.   That`s why I`m still holding 13 Important and 4 optionals from installing

rLi3duTA.jpg

See ya

• Snuffy, dave, alfreire and 4 others like this

xRQwuAAB.png

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,871 posts

Hmmm..., I'm fully updated on my Win 7 Pro (perfectly legal OEM) with exceptions of these updates hidden & GWX control panel has been run quite a while ago. No nags or signs of W10 interfering on anything. I've somehow managed to keep this installation untainted by W10.

I do not auto update ANYTHING on this installation. Notify me please.  ;)

Current%20WU.PNG

• alfreire, toptek, windrider and 2 others like this

dave%20green%20sig.png

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,844 posts

Well since I have very little control over what the OWNERS of such Computer do, and yes I did run GWX, and also removed the Win10 Icon from Taskbar.

Yet this morning when I went to do the BACKUPs, clean, defrag and check I did find that Windows 10 1151 (over 1GB) was there, and if they had clicked the "Install Important updates" it would have upgraded her Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10. which would have caused GROSS Problems, since her "Master Tax Program" will not run in Windows 10. 

And I know that the OWNER has instructed all EMPLOYEES do not UPGRADE anything. that is what she PAYS me to do Every Saturday.

and I also have the BACKUP Programs set so that every Saturday I have to enter the SERIAL so that the BACKUP Program will backup, other than that it can only RESTORE.

Two of the LAPTOPs were AUTO upgraded Windows 10 1156 and I had also did RESTORE back to Windows 7 on 1 and Windows 8.1 on the other.

• dave, alfreire, toptek and 3 others like this

PM07fvlP.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users