Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

[Solved] edit the Windows 10 Start Menu [How-to link included]

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

jncash

jncash

• BW9 Donator +
  • 21 posts

Hello after reading, I found there were Windows Shell commands that can be ran to allow you to wipe all of the default tiles or shortcuts on the win 10 Start menu.  I ran the commands and was able to get rid of everything except cortinia and edge and I couldn't get rid of the live tiles.  Got them to the point where there was an empty tile but I couldn't delete it.  or even move or resize it.  How do I remove all tiles/shortcuts/live tiles/Cortina/and edge.  Then put the tiles that we need at work like (control panel, CMD, System, Programs and features and any other useful tile.  Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Added by dave to make a Help request into a Tips & Trix topic.  ;)

10 Ways to Customize the Windows 10 Start Menu:

http://www.howtogeek...-10-start-menu/

• Snuffy, dave, abig E and 3 others like this

2hmk09c.png

Free your Mind
        and
Your A*s will follow!

dhjohns

dhjohns

• BW9 Donator +
  • 6,197 posts

Hello after reading, I found there were Windows Shell commands that can be ran to allow you to wipe all of the default tiles or shortcuts on the win 10 Start menu.  I ran the commands and was able to get rid of everything except cortinia and edge and I couldn't get rid of the live tiles.  Got them to the point where there was an empty tile but I couldn't delete it.  or even move or resize it.  How do I remove all tiles/shortcuts/live tiles/Cortina/and edge.  Then put the tiles that we need at work like (control panel, CMD, System, Programs and features and any other useful tile.  Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I am not sure which part of the Start Menu you are speaking of.  The part in the Red Box or the Green Box?

screenshot_192.png

• cognizione, gip, Uncle and 3 others like this

2vcxocp.png

jncash

jncash

• BW9 Donator +
  • 21 posts

In the Green Box, thanks for the quick reply

Jeff

• Snuffy, cognizione, dhjohns and 2 others like this

2hmk09c.png

Free your Mind
        and
Your A*s will follow!

dhjohns

dhjohns

• BW9 Donator +
  • 6,197 posts

I have always just right clicked and selected unpin from start to get rid of them.  I never new of any other commands.

• Snuffy, cognizione, Uncle and 2 others like this

2vcxocp.png

cognizione

cognizione

T.A.A.B # 2

• Administrators
  • 7,445 posts

Might help... http://www.howtogeek...-10-start-menu/

• dave, wiggy, Tetley and 3 others like this

tGX16tl.png

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

donbrew

donbrew

Sr Member

• BeyondWindows9 Lover
  • 137 posts

That link works great.  I have been trying to figure that out for a long time.  I hate the tile look.

• dave, cognizione and Tetley like this

BW9loverSmall_zps4a7056be.png

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,871 posts

Renewed this as a Tips & Trix topic thanks to cognizione's helpful link. Nice jobs fellas!  :headbang:

344x593x8ws_22.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj

• cognizione and Tetley like this

dave%20green%20sig.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users