Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Error: Windows cannot access the specified device path or file...

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,857 posts

Dang it Dave

Oh & I retired @ 54 so that I could go crazy quicker! My big brother beat me as usual though, he retired @ 39.

you beat me by 2 yrs... I retired 2n time  at 56.  

So revert back to the version of 10 that worked.  and like i said any version over 10586  is really a test version. that is why some of us

dual boot, or triple boot, or some are dumb like me an quad plus boot. 

10586, 8.1, ltsb 2015, ltsb 2016, Win 10 14393.222, win 10 14936. 

• dave and cognizione like this

PM07fvlP.png

eross

eross

• Members (inactive)
  • 11 posts

I think it all started with the Anniversary update . It's too much of a hassle to revert or dual boot. I just wish I could understand what causes the problem. I wonder if it is specific to TMT , or will we see the bug in other programs. Perhaps Microsoft will fix it in an update one day.

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,885 posts

I know support has ended a while back. But the program worked fine until a few weeks ago. Something changed in Windows 10.

That is the very reason that a lot of software has updates & you update regularly (maybe NOT immediately). They hafta tune THEIR products to work within Windows, NOT the other way around. Microsoft isn't responsible to make their OS work with itinerary of software ever made to run in earlier editions of Windows on a forever basis.

Snuffy's suggestion is your option or find an alternative to Arcsoft.

• Snuffy and cognizione like this

dave%20green%20sig.png

donbrew

donbrew

Sr Member

• BeyondWindows9 Lover
  • 138 posts

Why not give a modern (free) media center solution, like Kodi?

Kodi does sometimes leave a background service running when it exits.

• Snuffy, dave and cognizione like this

BW9loverSmall_zps4a7056be.png

eross

eross

• Members (inactive)
  • 11 posts

Why not give a modern (free) media center solution, like Kodi?

Kodi does sometimes leave a background service running when it exits.

I have Kodi, and a few other new players. None of them handles Blu rays and Blu ray folder like TMT. The main problem is showing and navigating the menus. If I could find a good software I would replace TMT. But I have tested all of the recommended ones, and none work properly with BR menus.

• dave and cognizione like this

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,885 posts

I use & like JRiver Media Center & they hava try before you buy option available. I really like that they download the metadata for your coverart & info regarding the Movies too.

It's easy to setup as well. Way easier than Kodi.

JRiver%20Media%20Center%20%26%20last%20e

https://www.jriver.com/index.html

• Snuffy, cognizione and Tetley like this

dave%20green%20sig.png

eross

eross

• Members (inactive)
  • 11 posts
From jriver site
* Blu-ray playback requires AnyDVD HD or equivalent to read the disc.

I actually found a reasonable replacement for TMT : DVDFab media player. In the pro version it handles most BR menus. However, some BR menus do not support a mouse. TMT has a special software mouse for these cases, and will automatically notify you and launch the software mouse, when such a menu is found. DVDFab has no solution for this, and is not "aware" of these menus. You then need to use a keyboard to navigate these menus. I will write them and suggest they fix that problem. Then it would bevthe perfect player.
  • dave, cognizione and Tetley like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users