Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Fix .NET Framework 3.5 install Fails in build 14971

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

dhjohns

dhjohns

• BW9 Donator +
  • 5,940 posts

.NET Framework 3.5 installation error: 0x800F0906, 0x800F081F, 0x800F0907

I received this error when trying to install .Net Framework 3.5 on the Windows Insider Preview Build 14971.  I could not even install using the regular dism online command:  DISM /Image:C:\test\offline /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:D:\sources\sxs.  So, here is what I had to do.

I opened Group Policy by typing gpedit.msc in the Run dialog box, and pressing OK.  I then expanded Computer Configuration, then expanded Administrative Templates, and selected System. 

I double-clicked Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair, and selected Enabled. 

I then mounted the ISO for 14971, and put the path to sources\sxs folder in the Alternate source file path box, and clicked Apply. 

Then I opened Powershell as admin, but the command window as admin also works. 

I ran the gpupdate /force command and waited for it to complete. 

After that I opened Turn Windows Features on or off, and checked the .NET Framework 3.5 box, and clicked OK.  The installation will then proceed with TWO restarts.

• frenchie and chuckyp like this

2vcxocp.png

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,607 posts

Why try to install when It is in my version. simply Turn it ON.

Im sure it is really hard to Install when it is OFF by Default....

• frenchie, dhjohns and chuckyp like this

96ccd5e8-d519-4cda-9053-631ef1c070b8_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users