Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Groove again...

Groove bug

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

kornm

kornm

• BW9 Donator +
  • 38 posts

After last update (576) Groove stopped playing. I mean no sounds were heard even though the song was running. My songs were playing Ok in other applications.

I tried reboot - did not help.

The solution: Uninstalled Groove with CCleaner (it does not appear on the Programs and Feature list) and reinstalled it from the Store.

Does it seem regular to you? :)

• dave, Tetley and Maxed like this

Posted Image

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,638 posts

Were ANY of your sounds working? I know that I've had to set each my proper playback device & recording device in Control Panel > Sound. For some silly reason it will sometimes set my external jack for microphone as default device, when it's NEVER had a microphone plugged into the jack. Only internal Mic array.

The possibility could be that your default playback device has switched to something other than whatchu want. Like a device or emulated device that should be listening & reproducing for a program, not default.

• alfreire, cognizione and Maxed like this

dave%20green%20sig.png

cognizione

cognizione

T.A.A.B # 2

• Administrators
  • 7,305 posts

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

https://support.micr...or-windows-apps

• Snuffy, dave, alfreire and 2 others like this

tGX16tl.png

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,624 posts

After last update (576) Groove stopped playing. I mean no sounds were heard even though the song was running. My songs were playing Ok in other applications.

I tried reboot - did not help.

The solution: Uninstalled Groove with CCleaner (it does not appear on the Programs and Feature list) and reinstalled it from the Store.

Does it seem regular to you? :)

I do wonder which Last update for which Edition.

but in general.

1.  If the Insider Edition - known buggy as hell and many updates kill some old it worked.

2.  if 14393 edition - some minor updates were buggy (known by MS)

3.  if 10586 edition - actually the most stable of all. fewer bugs allowed. until they force you into 14393.

FIX in general open updates and uninstall the last one... reboot.

• cognizione, Tetley and soundstyler like this

96ccd5e8-d519-4cda-9053-631ef1c070b8_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users