Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Exclusive: Windows 10 Creators Update set to be released on April 2017

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Tetley

Tetley

Tetley News

• Global Moderator
  • 10,529 posts

Exclusive: Windows 10 Creators Update set to be released on April 2017

Last October at the Windows 10 event in New York City, Microsoft officially unveiled the Windows 10 Creators Update, codenamed “Redstone 2.” At the event, Microsoft stated that the update will be released in “early 2017” but we didn’t know when exactly the update will arrive.

bWNloB8.jpg?1

Until now, anyway.

Per my sources, Microsoft will be releasing the Windows 10 Creators Update this April. While the update initially had a version number of 1703 in Insider Builds leading to speculation that it would be released in March 2017, we can reveal that the final version number will actually be 1704 for an April release. This is not the first time that Microsoft has changed version numbers in Insider Preview releases, the firm previously changed the Xbox’s Anniversary Update release number from 1607 to 1608 last year.

For those unfamiliar, the version number for the update indicates its release month and year: the “17” in 1704 indicates the release year – in this case, 2017 and the “04” indicates the month of release: April.

Like the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, Microsoft will gradually roll out the Creators Update to ensure the best experience for Windows 10 users, but users will be able to manually upgrade to the Creators Update if they want to.

CREATORS UPDATE SHOULD BE “FEATURE LOCKED” BY THE END OF JANUARY

Microsoft is currently in the process of finalizing things for the Windows 10 Creators Update. The Creators Update is expected to be “feature locked” by mid/late January which means most of the shipping features will be present by that period. That certainly doesn’t mean that the update is “complete” per se, as Microsoft will be working on polishing the new features and fixing bugs before the release.

The company has already started planning for the next update, codenamed “Redstone 3” which is expected to bring a range of new features, including an improved design language for the OS. I was told that Redstone 3 is planned to be released before the end of 2017, but things are in the very early stage of development, so there isn’t a set date just yet.

Do keep in mind that these are Microsoft’s internal plans, and the company may change their plans whenever they want. But at this point of development, it’s unlikely their plans will see any major change.

• Snuffy, volvo, dave and 10 others like this

5ULDs17.png

GothicDeath

GothicDeath

Gamer with needs lol

• Global Moderator
  • 2,766 posts

I just got RS1 to work for me and RS2 will be out in april. I will lock down my windows updates again at this time and have you all be my bug testers till i know its safe ROFL

• DefCon420, dave, baronfungus and 6 others like this

2wpiemh.png

baronfungus

baronfungus

Retired Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 686 posts

I will lock down my windows updates again at this time and have you all be my bug testers till i know its safe ROFL

:eek:

• dave, frenchie, GothicDeath and 1 other like this

b6QSIN5f.png

GothicDeath

GothicDeath

Gamer with needs lol

• Global Moderator
  • 2,766 posts

I had TH2 locked once it was trying to upgrade to RS1 till a week ago. I was one of them having the BSOD problems and system locking and bunch of the other problems that took M$ 4 months to even fix.

• dave, baronfungus, Tetley and 2 others like this

2wpiemh.png

baronfungus

baronfungus

Retired Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 686 posts

I had TH2 locked once it was trying to upgrade to RS1 till a week ago. I was one of them having the BSOD problems and system locking and bunch of the other problems that took M$ 4 months to even fix.

Liking a post that tells of your misfortunes seems wrong ...... 

• dave, Tetley, frenchie and 2 others like this

b6QSIN5f.png

cognizione

cognizione

T.A.A.B # 2

• Administrators
  • 7,530 posts

Windows introduces the next wave of innovation with the Windows 10 Creators Update, giving you new creativity and gaming experiences built around the people who matter most. Do amazing things in 3D and virtual reality, quickly connect and share with your key people, and enjoy epic gaming with 4K fidelity and game broadcasting.

Features are coming soon, and will be available only on Windows 10

• volvo, Tetley, frenchie and 1 other like this

tGX16tl.png

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users