Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Windows vista registry

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts
Hi Guys,
  I am a new member, just join the site and i am very
happy to be here. I repair laptop computers hardware
and is try to learn the software part of it. I have a
few laptops ie. acer aspire 4530 that i would like to enable
registry editing on , my problem is the network adapters
for lan or wireless does not show up in device manager
and it comes with vista on it but the hard drive went bad
so i had to redo it .Its a 64bit computer the nvidia processor
so i am really in need of some help and would be really grateful
if i can get some help.

thanks in advance
eliang

Osh

Osh

Sr Member

• Banned
  • 189 posts
Here is some steps you can take directly from M$
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/network-connections-not-showing-any-adapters/3d8a589b-921d-453b-86af-36bc44eb1771

hopefully itll work. If not i have more ideas :P

Posted Image

ComputerDoctor

ComputerDoctor

• Global Moderator
  • 3,710 posts
You are mentioning two issues...
registry editing...  start/run/regedit.exe should work in all Windows versions unless an admin disabled the function.  You will need to log on as THe Administrator to undo the restriction.

Hardware not detected...  it is very possible that Windows does not detect the hardware automatically (I am working on one such laptop...  very dificult to get the wireless working) and you need to visit the manufacturer's driver page for the correct installation files.

The hardware may show up runing a free program like Speccy
http://www.piriform.com/speccy
with more information, you might be able to also find drivers from the actual hardware provider (like Realtek and not Asus, .etc)

The Acer Aspire 4530 driver download page is here
http://support.acer.com/us/en/product/default.aspx?tab=1&modelId=16

1zbfi1f.jpg

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts
Hi Computerdoctor,
I have since then redo and done win7 64bit but even as administrator
i still cannot run regedit.exe , it comes up on the screen but it restarts the laptop immediately. I have also taken out the atheros (EM303) wlan card and replace it with a Rtl8187b card and it show up under network adaptors and install drivers but does not turn on as does the others ie(intel wifi link 4965AGN, EM303 atheros original,BCM94311MCG)but they also do not show up under network adaptors. The 4530 has buttons on the left side near the keyboard and i would like to know even after installing launch manager is it pertinent to install eframework and enet to be able to turn on bluetooth and the wireless, cause i have all the drivers installed . I have a 8gb flash drive loaded with a number of drivers from different sites.appreciate your time and advice as i have it right in front of me , as i right click on computer and click manage and i  edit administrator properties and still no go.....even after restarting , at this point its saying registry editing is disable by administrator and restarts .

thanks in advance

ComputerDoctor

ComputerDoctor

• Global Moderator
  • 3,710 posts
Do again, but this time delete the partition before you continue with the install.  You have a rootkit!
Verify you have clean untouched original media.
Check your flash drive for hidden files...  autorun.inf, $Recycler directory, etc

1zbfi1f.jpg

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts
yes i just check flashdrive and really screwed, brontok , rootkit ,autorun, everything , wow i will have to format it. appreciate your help . okay i have redone everything except my flashdrive , i have win7 x64 runing , my question is, is there anything i can turn on in windows features or in computer management>services that would enable lan and wlan to get them to turn on? what is the order of driver installation ?

thanks

ComputerDoctor

ComputerDoctor

• Global Moderator
  • 3,710 posts
If you used your compromised flash drive on your PC...  please start over, delete the partition...  that will affectively kill the rootkit and any other files it could have downloaded and installed when you access the internet.
With clean media, install everything fresh, I bet it works great and Windows should find all drivers on line.

1zbfi1f.jpg

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts
As instructed i formated my flashdrive and the acer aspire 4530 and redid it first with win 7 64 and vista 64 and i am still trying to find how to enable lan and wlan , i have been able to get into registry but not the lan and wlan part. I have 2 hard drive 1 for win 7 and another for vista and i have loaded only 2 drivers launch manager and chipset . i need some more help guys please.

thanks                   

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,847 posts
This is not a registry issue, but a Device Manager issue. You need the drivers for your 2 devices and all else that have a '!' . Get your drivers from Acer Support.

Here is link for your model. Be sure to select correct operating system (above the tabs on the right)

http://support.acer.com/us/en/product/default.aspx?tab=1&modelId=16

Keep asking for help, once you have the drivers. I'll be looking for you.

dave%20green%20sig.png

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts
hi dave
do u have msn messenger ?

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,847 posts

hi dave
do u have msn messenger ?

No sorry, I don't have any IM's, and prefer to help here, as it may help someone else.

I see your posts very quickly. If you were VIP we have a chat that we provide help from too, but this here will work, as well.

DC_STEVE wanna IM?

dave%20green%20sig.png

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts
as said before , i have 4 different sets of drivers , i have for wind 7 64 , vista 64 , xp 64 and from a disk i downloaded of the net , i have vista runing on the laptop and i have install launch manager and chipset for vista 64 at this moment , what next step should i take

Guest_DC_STEVE_*

Guest_DC_STEVE_*
  • Guests
Did you get the drivers from Acer specifically for the model of the computer you are trying to fix?

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts
yes i do for vista ultimate 64 then i have from another site for win7 64.

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,847 posts
OK so your Broadcom LAN driver will get the Ethernet driver installed, and we need identify your wireless card since there are 4 different ones.

Foxconn
Atheros
Broadcom
QMI

Can you tell in device Manager which it is?

If not right click on the device > Properties > details tab, where it says device description use dropdown and select Hardware ID and copy it to put in next reply.

dave%20green%20sig.png

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts
yes dave this is the problem , there is no (NETWORK ADAPTERS) in device manager even after
installing the lan drivers, the only way something show is if i click on action and click add legacy device, then click have disk , then i would say Broadcom integrated 57xx ethernet adapter but then it would say with a yellow marker could not install drivers for this adapter

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,847 posts

yes dave this is the problem , there is no (NETWORK ADAPTERS) in device manager even after
installing the lan drivers, the only way something show is if i click on action and click add legacy device, then click have disk , then i would say Broadcom integrated 57xx ethernet adapter but then it would say with a yellow marker could not install drivers for this adapter

The Broadcom driver that you DLed from ACER is in an installer. Just right click on setup (or similar), and run as administrator, and it should install your Vista x64 driver for the LAN. Exclamation point should disappear for the LAN and should be under network adapters then.

Also, we still need the hardware ID # for your wireless adapter to know which of the 4 makes it is via method posted earlier.

Correction: there is no installer, so in device manager on Broadcom LAN right click Update Driver software. Browse my computer, and select the WinVista folder in Lan_Broadcom_10.82.0.0_VistaX64 folder, or just that folder and all subfolders.

dave%20green%20sig.png

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts

The Broadcom driver that you DLed from ACER is in an installer. Just right click on setup (or similar), and run as administrator, and it should install your Vista x64 driver for the LAN. Exclamation point should disappear for the LAN and should be under network adapters then.

Also, we still need the hardware ID # for your wireless adapter to know which of the 4 makes it is via method posted earlier.

Correction: there is no installer, so in device manager on Broadcom LAN right click Update Driver software. Browse my computer, and select the WinVista folder in Lan_Broadcom_10.82.0.0_VistaX64 folder, or just that folder and all subfolders.

The only driver i have not tried yet is the Foxconn for the Lan and Wlan , ive tried the 2 different
Broadcom from both win 7 and vista and atheros also.
it will not give me a wireless adapter either dave , the adapter in the computer is a atheros
P/N;QEM303QCED0 Model:EM303

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,847 posts
Kewl this should be easy, since the atheros is in an installer. Install the 18.8M installer here:

Right click setup as admin.

Posted Image
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1382361/Photos/Acer%20wireless.PNG

If installs successfully, and you get wireless connected then should be able to get LAN fixed with Windows Update.

There are only Broadcom drivers for LAN (ethernet). the other 4 are just various wireless cards, but you already identified yours as Atheros.

The Broadcom WLAN driver isn't for you at all. Your Broadcom is for your ethernet LAN. Should be this: Lan_Broadcom_10.82.0.0_VistaX64  (62.5Mb)

dave%20green%20sig.png

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts

Kewl this should be easy, since the atheros is in an installer. Install the 18.8M installer here:

Right click setup as admin.

Posted Image

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1382361/Photos/Acer%20wireless.PNG

thats the x86 installer i have the x64 installer but as u show it with the 5.3 file also do i need that too or just a error on ur part

If installs successfully, and you get wireless connected then should be able to get LAN fixed with Windows Update.

There are only Broadcom drivers for LAN (ethernet). the other 4 are just various wireless cards, but you already identified yours as Atheros.

thats the x86 installer i have the x64 installer but as u show it with the 5.3 file also do i need that too or just a error on ur part

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users