Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Windows vista registry

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,876 posts
No it's the x64. I DLed it. If you select Vista x64 on your driver page all are useable w/ x64.

Lan_Broadcom_10.82.0.0_VistaX64  is for LAN (ethernet)

WLan_Atheros_7.6.0.126_VistaX64  is for wireless (WLAN)

As far as the 5.3M folder, go a head and DL it, but don't worry about installing it if the wireless works after the larger installer. Windows Update will update any OEM updates as required.

dave%20green%20sig.png

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts
Hi Dave,
I have installed both drivers and just run troubleshooter and problems found is both adapters are experiencing driver and or hardware related problem and the lost issue is wireless capability is
turned off.    Please advise

thanks in advance

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,876 posts
Do you still have ! points on the hardware in device manager, and are they identified as Broadcom LAN and Atheros WLAN?

At this point, I'd uninstall both adapters in the Device Manager, then do a reboot, and see what drivers Windows installs from your driver cache.

If they ask or don't install correctly, rerun or install your 2 driver installers again.

These 2 only:
Lan_Broadcom_10.82.0.0_VistaX64  is for LAN (ethernet)

WLan_Atheros_7.6.0.126_VistaX64  is for wireless (WLAN)

dave%20green%20sig.png

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts
Yes i do , its 2 yellow triangles and i uninstall both and restarted but nothing shows up not even Network Adapters. I took out the wireless card and on the front on the chip it says AR9281-ALIE
and look it up but could not locate a vista x64 driver for it.

thanks in advance

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,876 posts

Yes i do , its 2 yellow triangles and i uninstall both and restarted but nothing shows up not even Network Adapters.

Yes, that's back to the beginning. Do you have the 2 folders I indicated above? The exact folders by the same names.

dave%20green%20sig.png

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts

Yes, that's back to the beginning. Do you have the 2 folders I indicated above? The exact folders by the same names.

YES

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,876 posts
Ok just the WLAN 1st, since it has an installer. Right click and run setup as administrator. After install check network adapters in Device Manager.

dave%20green%20sig.png

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts

Ok just the WLAN 1st, since it has an installer. Right click and run setup as administrator. After install check network adapters in Device Manager.

Starts installation but says adapter is unplugged , but its installed

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,876 posts
There is a switch for the adapter on the Acer keyboard. Make sure it's on. Has a blue led on most.

Also check mobility center that Wireless is turned on. Hotkey is Windows key + X

dave%20green%20sig.png

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts

There is a switch for the adapter on the Acer keyboard. Make sure it's on. Has a blue led on most.

Yes there is 5 push button switch on the left side of the keyboard and pushing any of them only says (no device) on the screen, and i believe the empowering technology program may have to be installed to be able to turn this feature on, i am just guessing .

thanks in advance

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,876 posts

Yes there is 5 push button switch on the left side of the keyboard and pushing any of them only says (no device) on the screen, and i believe the empowering technology program may have to be installed to be able to turn this feature on, i am just guessing .

thanks in advance

Possibly. Windows Mobility Center is native. What does it say?

dave%20green%20sig.png

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts

Possibly. Windows Mobility Center is native. What does it say?

Yes that part i know but in it , there is nothing there about wireless, only brightness , volume , battery , externel display , sync center and presentation settings.

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,876 posts
Device Manager? Do we have the Atheros in network adapters?

Ah Ha! Easy launch button. Has this symbol.

Posted Image

Easy-launch buttons
Located beside the keyboard are application buttons. These buttons are called
easy-launch buttons. They are: WLAN, Internet, email, Bluetooth, Arcade and
Acer Empowering Technology.
The mail and Web browser buttons are pre-set to email and Internet programs,
but can be reset by users. To set the Web browser, mail and programmable
buttons, run the Acer Launch Manager.You can access the Launch Manager by
clicking on Start, All Programs, and then Launch Manager to start the
application.

dave%20green%20sig.png

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts

Device Manager? Do we have the Atheros in network adapters?

No , there is no NETWORK ADAPTER in device manager , i have to manually click action then add legacy hardware to install NETWORK ADAPTER then click (have disk) to install any , even the bluetooth driver is a problem , it say the device is uplugged and installion will complete when the device is plugged in and they are all there. what can also be an issue i believe is the broadcom controller that needs to be installed with the nvidia chipset is not there cause i can remember
doing one of these about a year ago that was xp but did not give so much issues, this one came in because of a harddrive issue now is just a bitch...

thanks in advance

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,876 posts
That's because the switch is off, or BIOS has it turned off, or it is labeled as an unknown device. Do not install as you have been.

Can you post a screen of your Device Manager? You should have 2 unknown devices, one for each adapter. WLAN and LAN.

If so, you can ID then as I said before in Properties > Details tab > the dropdown where it says device description and hightlight Hardware ID. Copy the top # and paste it in Google. That tells you which folder to direct it to to update driver from that panel.

Posted Image

Should only have to ID the one adapter, since the other unknown s/b the other.  :histerija:

I'm going to be bailing on you soon today, since I won't have a connection. Be sure to let me know your status.

dave%20green%20sig.png

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts

That's because the switch is off, or BIOS has it turned off, or it is labeled as an unknown device. Do not install as you have been.

Can you post a screen of your Device Manager? You should have 2 unknown devices, one for each adapter. WLAN and LAN.

If so, you can ID then as I said before in Properties > Details tab > the dropdown where it says device description and hightlight Hardware ID. Copy the top # and paste it in Google. That tells you which folder to direct it to to update driver from that panel.

Posted Image

Should only have to ID the one adapter, since the other unknown s/b the other.  :histerija:

I'm going to be bailing on you soon today, since I won't have a connection. Be sure to let me know your status.

Okay Dave i will try what u advice but i am having problem with starting seems windows have gotten corrupt here abit , but i will keep u posted ....

thanks in advance

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,846 posts
WOW, I really need some help with this one.
1. Seems he has (I'm not sure what OS installed. Win7 or Vista x86 or x64)
2. he also states he has removed the Original LAN & Wireless Adapter from the system and replaced with.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMHO - 1 we need to know
A> what OS is installed. edition also.
b> what is the device name.... your Wireless  for a start....
c> lets us fix the wireless problem then move to the next.....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
Acer InviLink and 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED network connection, supporting Acer SignalUp wireless technology
Bluetooth 2.0+EDR Enhanced Data Rate
(varies by model)
---------------------------
You might also update your BIOS... incase you have not I recommend 3336.
You stated your using a RTL 8187b wifi
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PFid=1&Level=6&Conn=5&ProdID=143&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true
I do recommend you use the PROPER Drivers...
If you not still using the RTL - be specific on your model:  plz...

PM07fvlP.png

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts
Hi Snuffy,
First off , i only tried the RTL8187B wlan card to see if it would show a network adapter in the device manager , which it did .
Next is , its windows Vista Enterprise 2007 SP2
as stated before its a 64bit and thats what i installed

thanks in advance

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,846 posts
OK, on Vista Enterprise 2007 R2. Not the Original OS.
now what is the exact wifi adapter installed. you should make sure all the ORIGINAL DEVICES are installed.
You also know none of the left hand buttons will work properly unless you install the DEFAULT OS.
so lets us forget them.
The system in Question did not come with Vista Enterprise 2007 R2. installed... so I would  If I was you. open the old HDD and copy the RESTORE Partition to the NEW HDD, and restore back the original OS.  even if the HDD is BAD the restore partition will still be GOOD.

You can get the DISKs from Acer . 

PM07fvlP.png

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts
this is the issue , the owner did not save that apparently another person had it and did not return the laptop with it hence all this issue.
 Post Merge: [time]1304539511[/time] 
the device name off the wlan card is ATHEROS AR9281-ALIE P/N : ADDEM303000  This is the original
on the laptop it says acer nplify 802 11b/g/draft-n WLAN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users