Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Windows vista registry

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,844 posts
You do not have the "Original HDD", therefore you do not have ACCESS to the Original Restore Partition.
You do not have Access to "Restore Disks for Vista HomePremium" the default OS for this system.
You do not have Access to "restore Disks for XP or Windows 7" which this system will operate under...
you do have access to Windows Vista x64 Enterprise.  which you have Installed.... which also fails to find
the Proper Drivers for your Lan or Wan... and BlueTooth (99% of the Acers do not have BootTooth" installed from Factory.. you must special order to have installed...
Recommend you go to Acer support and DL the drivers for Vista x64 Enterprise (I was looking at the wrong model)my bad.
The drivers are MSI or Microsoft Installers..... so move to control panel.
1.)  uninstall ea YELLOW MARKER. do not reboot....
2.)  move to folder where you have copied the drivers.... and click to install ONLY ONE DRIVER.
3.)  when the driver is installed    - REBOOT ..  this in turn will then find the DEVICE and also install the DRIVER and TURN ON the DEVICE.....
4.)  move to the control panel again and if you have a YELLOW MARKER, uninstall it... then
proceed to step 2 again....
YOU MUST DO THIS FOR EA DEVICE.... CLICK TO INSTALL THE DRIVER VIA THE MSI.... THEN REBOOT.

Let me know what this brings....

PM07fvlP.png

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts
Okay the drivers for pro and ult are the same i have all the drivers my question is seeing that the ultimate chipset has the coprocessor , sm bus and ethernet in one should i try that first .

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,844 posts
Question is :
M$ will update all the drivers once you get the wifi working.... so lets get the WIFI working first.

that IMHO is PRIORITY #1.
so I recommend you try the ACER Support Drivers.

Why are you not using the Enterprise Driver Vista x64 ??

The new Acer site has Enterprise Drivers Listed...(I was using the OLD Site originally.--my bad)

PM07fvlP.png

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts
Okay i right click on setup and say run as administrator but a popup comes back stating
wlan card is not connected but will finish install once its inserted and it is inserted. Bios has been updated for weeks now to 3336 . i think my main issue is to turn these items on from these quick launch button cause i worked with dave for a whole day on these two items wlan and lan installed both drivers but applying the button yielded a NO Device answer.

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,844 posts
does it show in control panel?
can you even verify its installed properly...
can you verify its WORKING....

PM07fvlP.png

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts

does it show in control panel?
can you even verify its installed properly...
can you verify its WORKING....

it does not show in device manager

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,844 posts
sorry for the delay... was eating supper....
If it does not show in Device Manager. and it is the DEFAULT Original WiFi Adapter.
(apparently it is DEFECTIVE.) other wise it would be seen.....
Now I can not find a 100% verified Spec sheet on this Model that states 100% it is or had the ATHEROS AR9281-ALIE P/N : ADDEM303000  as Original..
would recommend at this time to remove and install a 'KNOWN working wifi adapter."

PM07fvlP.png

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts
Okay Snuffy thanks no problem with that u deserve you personal time.
now i have different wlan cards but if i put another atheros it won't show
in device manager either , the broadcom would show and the realtek , i also have a intel wifi
link 4968AGN that won't show but they all are working on other machines . the AR9281-ALIE
works on a MAC that i have runing  UBUNTU and i have check the bios and there is nothing in there
to turn any device on or off

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,844 posts
Well it seems that If you actually have the AR9281 Wifi 802.11 b/g/n adapter.
you will need the specific drivers for that Adapter... it is NONE STANDARD.
the best I can find is:
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
make sure you look and click AR9281.... then follow the normal non default install.
ADD DEVICE - HAVE DISK - but you know the routine for that...

PM07fvlP.png

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts

Well it seems that If you actually have the AR9281 Wifi 802.11 b/g/n adapter.
you will need the specific drivers for that Adapter... it is NONE STANDARD.
the best I can find is:

http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
make sure you look and click AR9281.... then follow the normal non default install.
ADD DEVICE - HAVE DISK - but you know the routine for that...

Yes i do , will give it a try right away
 Post Merge: [time]1304552701[/time] 
Snuffy in device manager i click something called show hidden devices
it show up 7 WAN Miniports devices under network adapters after i install the lan drivers, and a set called Non-Plug and Play drivers and under this there is 36 categories.

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,844 posts
are they marked yellow. ??  If yes we can deal later.... if NOT YELLOW - do not worry.
remember lets fix 1 item at a time.... the rest come later.
Did that fix the WIFI Adapter.??

PM07fvlP.png

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts

are they marked yellow. ??  If yes we can deal later.... if NOT YELLOW - do not worry.
remember lets fix 1 item at a time.... the rest come later.
Did that fix the WIFI Adapter.??

No,  they are all good no question mark or yellow marker on them
should i try to get a usb wireless adapter to use on this
to get it to help me install the drivers i need .

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,844 posts
then do not worry about them......
do you know how to check and insure that there is NO RESTORE Partition on the HDD in the computer.??

PM07fvlP.png

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts

then do not worry about them......
do you know how to check and insure that there is NO RESTORE Partition on the HDD in the computer.??

Yes i know that part , the hard drive on this acer i purchase new and it has a 100mb
partition on it but its not used as a restore partition.

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,844 posts
OK, now your saying that the Laptop came to you with NO HDD, in it... you had to buy a HDD to install in it, then you have installed Windows Vista Enterprise x64 since that is the ONLY ISO you have that will install properly.
---------------------------------- OK -------------------------------------
I'm just trying to get all this straight.... since reading all the thread I seem to be getting confused.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did the Laptop come with Enterprise as the DEFAULT OS?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
the COA on the Laptop will tell you that....so you have a KEY with which to Activate it ...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now did the Wifi Adapter Install and Does it now show working.....
BACK TO ONE PROBLEM AT A TIME...... WIFI FIRST.

PM07fvlP.png

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts

OK, now your saying that the Laptop came to you with NO HDD, in it... you had to buy a HDD to install in it, then you have installed Windows Vista Enterprise x64 since that is the ONLY ISO you have that will install properly.
---------------------------------- OK -------------------------------------
I'm just trying to get all this straight.... since reading all the thread I seem to be getting confused.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did the Laptop come with Enterprise as the DEFAULT OS?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
the COA on the Laptop will tell you that....so you have a KEY with which to Activate it ...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now did the Wifi Adapter Install and Does it now show working.....
BACK TO ONE PROBLEM AT A TIME...... WIFI FIRST.

Mr Snuffy i am very sorry if you feel disrespected. But i worked with dave for almost a full day
trying to get it going , i do not live is the USA, in the caribbean , this laptop came to me with no HD , the default OS is Vista premium OEMact the sticker is still under it . The hd in it is a purchase one that say 3.0GB on it with Windows Vista Enterprise 64bit , i have a used 80GB i had tried to get going with  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit also, but seeing that Vista was what it came with although enterprise i decided to keep going with it . The sticker has the key for home premium and i do not think it would activate enterprise.

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,844 posts
Nope not feeling disrespected. .Just wanting to make 100% sure that, I have the correct information.
Knowing where the System came from is important. in one post ( it seemed) you said someone else did , then you did.
To answer NO the Homepremium Key will not "Activate Enterprise".  So wondering why continue with "Enterprise".
Your choice... Also it seems that the Laptop is NOT OF STANDARD ISSUE..  That is why It is taken me so very long to find the PROPER DRIVERS.  it also might be 100% easier for HomePremium to find the proper slots an install. 
---------------------------------- again it is your choice...-----  I checked the Enterprise Driver ( USA) and it does not show it will install the AR9281, so you will need the SPECIFIC Driver for it....
(Did the site I gave you) - allow you to install and get the AR9281 Wifi working?? ?? ??
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I said in the PM I would ask SPECIFIC questions and needed very Specific Answers... some  times I have to CONSULT
other Acer Techs....to get proper. and since Artheos USA site would not give me the PROPER Drivers for the AR9281 I had to use other methods....

PM07fvlP.png

eliang

eliang

• Members
  • 31 posts
No installing the driver for the ar9281-ALIE does not show any
network adapter in device manager and if i can find a vista home premium
64 bit download i would go for it , i have even gone back to ARES and install it on my
desktop just to search for home premium and no go. I have install the realtek rtl8187b
wlan card and it showed up automatic and ask to install drivers but now it say it has not been enabled and the same for broadcom gigabit integrated controller. please advise

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,844 posts
I think at this time, I'd get on Internet, (that is FREE) chat with the Acer Tech online, Give them the COA info, Model of the Laptop, and pay for a RESTORE Set of Disks... It has the OS (Disk 1), and all the proper Drivers (Disk 2). then it will be 100% Legal when you return the Laptop to the Owner ....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You also have to consider, that since the Modules work in other systems, and fail 100% in the ACER, you might have a BAD Motherboard. where as you would have to use the Wifi Adapter...externally instead of the internal..
1. You say the AR9281 works in other systems=good module
2. You say it fails to show in the Acer=defective internal plug or bad motherboard.
3. Other working wifi adapters work in but not in the Acer = bad internal plug of bad motherboard.

PM07fvlP.png

dave

dave

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,871 posts

I think at this time, I'd get on Internet, (that is FREE) chat with the Acer Tech online, Give them the COA info, Model of the Laptop, and pay for a RESTORE Set of Disks... It has the OS (Disk 1), and all the proper Drivers (Disk 2). then it will be 100% Legal when you return the Laptop to the Owner ....

:headbang:  Totally agree at this point, especially if this is a commercial endeavor, or owner w/ little support after delivery.

Thanks Snuffy!

dave%20green%20sig.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users