Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

On the other computer's hard disk, RAID PC

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Guest_people321_*

Guest_people321_*
  • Guests
How do I get a hard drive RAID system that would boot. However, just trying to put Windows XP will load up and will restart again soon. And so all the time.
I took the hard disk on another computer. It installed Windows XP.

sam3971

sam3971

• Global Moderator
  • 1,735 posts
Hey dude and welcome to the help section. I would like to ask a few questions that may help.:

1. How are you connecting your hard drives in a RAID config?

2. What type of RAID are you attempting to use? Not all are compatibile

3. Do all the hard drives match exact specs?

4. Are you sure your motherboard can support RAID?

IK that is a lot of info but IK RAID is not easy to setup and requires a lot of time and thinking on the end user's part when configuring a RAID Array. Let me know what the answers are to the above question and I will try to help you out further.  :headbang:

XspFLuzZ.png

Guest_people321_*

Guest_people321_*
  • Guests

Hey dude and welcome to the help section. I would like to ask a few questions that may help.:

1. How are you connecting your hard drives in a RAID config?

2. What type of RAID are you attempting to use? Not all are compatibile

3. Do all the hard drives match exact specs?

4. Are you sure your motherboard can support RAID?

IK that is a lot of info but IK RAID is not easy to setup and requires a lot of time and thinking on the end user's part when configuring a RAID Array. Let me know what the answers are to the above question and I will try to help you out further.  :headbang:

Sorry, the computer world is a stranger to me, although I am very interesting. Primary hard disk 80GB Samsung. When I took the first drive, and put the other computer's hard disk (Win XP), will no longer boot. From where I took it to the RAID system. Pele putting the RAID settings on your computer. Do I want to do something or do not want to. If I do not want to do something, then Windows will load up. I was thinking that if I put another drive to slave, and I change the BIOS boot settings. Can one boot from the disk? Samsung at the moment I do not want to use.

Write Motherboard details:
http://www.msi.com/product/mb/661FM3-V.html#?div=Detail

sam3971

sam3971

• Global Moderator
  • 1,735 posts
Well do you need RAID? I run dual boot on my computer without RAID and it works just fine. How I set mine up was to install the Old OS first, then the new one. So in your case install XP first then win7. As for getting an OS to boot that was from a different computer that can be tricky. It can be done however I would install the OSes fresh on your computer. If you must use RAID then use the reference below but most home users don't have a need for RAID just to let you know.

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/132877/how_to_set_up_raid_on_your_pc.html

http://www.pctechguide.com/how-to-set-up-a-raid-array

XspFLuzZ.png

Guest_people321_*

Guest_people321_*
  • Guests
This is the thing that I do not want to install Windows. Windows are available on disk.

sam3971

sam3971

• Global Moderator
  • 1,735 posts
Well then you have to recover the boot sectors and the boot config systems. For win7 you simply have to insert the install disk, go into recovery and let it do it's auto-recovery process, that may fix the winxp boot as well but not guaranteed so try that and if not come back and let me know.

XspFLuzZ.png

Guest_people321_*

Guest_people321_*
  • Guests

Well then you have to recover the boot sectors and the boot config systems. For win7 you simply have to insert the install disk, go into recovery and let it do it's auto-recovery process, that may fix the winxp boot as well but not guaranteed so try that and if not come back and let me know.

I know that. They have been before.
  Both have Win XP computer hard drives. I want to put a second hard disk to the computer and take advantage of the previous, but will not boot. I want to swap hard drives. This is the thing that I do not want to uninstall Windows (to install). Does it mean that I want to put a hard drive, the RAID controller driver is not installed.

Oops, I put the topic in the wrong place.
Can you move the topic to the right place?

sam3971

sam3971

• Global Moderator
  • 1,735 posts
Well I don't think RAID will affect it. When you install windows you install it for the current hardware only, the reason you may run into issues is that you are trying to run Windows on different hardware and that can cause boot issues in itself. Even if you do get it booted you will have to remove all drivers and install all drivers for the new computer and you may still have issues afterwards though, that is why I would just reinstall windows. You can still backup the important stuff first then wipe it lol. BTW Yea sure I will move this thread. If you still want to boot it like I said you have to use a boot fix utility, they have them. lol. Just be warned that you may run into several issues once you get the OS running.

XspFLuzZ.png

Guest_people321_*

Guest_people321_*
  • Guests

Well I don't think RAID will affect it. When you install windows you install it for the current hardware only, the reason you may run into issues is that you are trying to run Windows on different hardware and that can cause boot issues in itself. Even if you do get it booted you will have to remove all drivers and install all drivers for the new computer and you may still have issues afterwards though, that is why I would just reinstall windows. You can still backup the important stuff first then wipe it lol. BTW Yea sure I will move this thread. If you still want to boot it like I said you have to use a boot fix utility, they have them. lol. Just be warned that you may run into several issues once you get the OS running.

Thanks man, I thought that the discs can be easily replaced.

ComputerDoctor

ComputerDoctor

• Global Moderator
  • 3,718 posts
Sometimes if you are moving one drive from one computer to another...  if you have the same type processor (AMD or Intel), you can trick the system into reinstalling the correct drivers (at least enough of them to boot) by booting from the XP DVD and choosing a repair install after it sees you have an existing system.  After you boot sucessfully, you can uninstall the incorrect hardware drivers and install the correct ones.
If when booting from the DVD and it doesn't see a previous system...  this trick will not work.  Boot from another system on DVD, move your data off the target drive and install fresh.

1zbfi1f.jpg

Guest_people321_*

Guest_people321_*
  • Guests

Sometimes if you are moving one drive from one computer to another...  if you have the same type processor (AMD or Intel), you can trick the system into reinstalling the correct drivers (at least enough of them to boot) by booting from the XP DVD and choosing a repair install after it sees you have an existing system.  After you boot sucessfully, you can uninstall the incorrect hardware drivers and install the correct ones.
If when booting from the DVD and it doesn't see a previous system...  this trick will not work.  Boot from another system on DVD, move your data off the target drive and install fresh.

I tried the same (PM8PM-V), the hard drive to another computer and works 4i65g ASRock motherboards. :headbang: I do not have anything to uninstall. Simply put by, and started working. Non-required drivers to uninstall. I noticed that the user had a problem (Access Denied).

How can I remove the access is denied? I tried but could not some up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users