Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

:Help: File/Media Sharing...Help needed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

imouse

imouse

• Members
  • 5 posts
:help:    :help:    :help:    :help:    :help:    :help:    :help:    :help: :help: :help:
Hi Folks, i'm trying to attempt Media Sharing from my Pc running Win 7 Home Premium to My Acer 2920 running Vista Home Premium via a NetGear WGR614v7 router.
I've set the 7 machine sharing options to show on Local Network with it saying that "All Devices are allowed to access your shared media" 7 shows my Acer and can read it's Public folders.
When i go into Network on my Acer (Vista) all i can access is the Public folders on the pc even though i've selcted the Share with all pc's on my network.
Anyone have a tip that will allow me to access everything on 7 from Vista.
I do use VNC (Real & Tight) but it seems to time out halfway through a file transfer that way.
I was using AVG AV but switched to Microsoft Security Essentials and still get the same irritating problem.
Any / All  :help: appreciated

ComputerDoctor

ComputerDoctor

• Global Moderator
  • 3,695 posts
Add your own media folders to share, not just the public ones.

Alt click your folders / Share with / Homegroup

1zbfi1f.jpg

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,624 posts
I have found almost every occassion that this happens.... is (Firewall) settings are the problem.

You might be able to see all SHARES, and such... but the FW must allow .  turn off the internet, access.
then Turnoff the Firewall....  then see if you can gain access.... M$ Firewall is easy to set that way... many other 3d Partys are not so easy... you might need to go into ADVANCED not basic.

96ccd5e8-d519-4cda-9053-631ef1c070b8_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users