Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Incorrect Link Here

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

JWAmpK

JWAmpK

• Members
  • 2 posts
I clicked on a "Windows Vista Help" link and arrived here on the XP site.  Yes, I am viewing this on my laptop "XP" because the problem with my "Vista" is it won't connect up with either my "MSIE" or my "FireFox" browser.  I click on the desktop links and nothing happens but the little twirling icon after I click on link, then it stops.  Even if I go to the folder that has the actual "EXE", it does the same thing.  No connection.

I tried to reinstall both browsers, and it tells me that "MSIE comes with Vista" then it says that FireFox is already installed.

I have stuff on my 'desktop' that I really use when on WWW, so would like to have it WWW compatable.

Thank U

ComputerDoctor

ComputerDoctor

• Global Moderator
  • 3,718 posts
Sounds like a malware problem.  Internet Explorer IS a part of Windows.  FF will not work - yes, it's malware. 
You have lots of symptoms with no common thread.
Try installing Microsoft Security Essentials, download it from another computer straight from Microsoft, it's free.  Also try the free version of Malwarebytes Antimalware. 
You can find all sorts of freeware programs here
http://www.filehippo.com
You might try some of the programs listed in antimalware, antivirus like Spybot Search & Destroy and AdAware. 
It is also a possability after doing everything you can, you may have a rootkit.  Remember to backup your data, write down all your account information, programs and preferences before you delete the partition and start over.

1zbfi1f.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users