Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Games that Work/Do Not Work on Windows 8

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

sam3971

sam3971

• Global Moderator
  • 1,718 posts
Hello everyone, to help the forum's game enthusiasts I decided to start a thread that talks about just compatibility with windows 8 or if there are issues.

Rules of the thread:
1. Be respectful(General rule)
2. NO mentioning of any workarounds for games, this includes cracks and other common exploits.
3. If you have a legit fix then post it, just make sure the fix is not used for piracy
4. Be descriptive of your issue or solution
5. Not required but will be helpful to post sys info if you have a problem

One of the staff members, including myself will do our best to keep a running list on the second post.

Thank you for everyone who participates in this program.  :headbang:

This will be temporarily locked to staff only until I can have the reserved spot since it will keep merging my posts lmao.

This thread is now open ~ Danielx64

Posted Image

Danielx64

Danielx64

• Global Moderator
  • 1,448 posts
This is the list of games, that work/don't work :)

Games that work:

All Angry Birds versions
Batman Arkham City & Asylum
Crysis/Crysis 2
Darksiders 2
Grand theft auto(Every version seems ok)
minecraft
Portal 1/2
Prototype 2 (in any version of windows, remove USB devices if crashes on load) Game bug not OS related.
Sims 3(the 1.38 update seemed to fix the issues. At least the settings hold now)
Slender: The 8 Pages
TF2
The Amazing Spider-man
The Elder Scrolls Skyrim 1.7
Train Simulator 2012
Tribes Ascend
Unreal Tournament
UT3
WoW

and prob just about all the other steam games i have (not tested the rest yet) lol

Games with issues currently:
Transformers Fall of Cybertron

2hgv0oy.png

sam3971

sam3971

• Global Moderator
  • 1,718 posts
lol thx Daniel, the dang thing would not let me lol.

Posted Image

Danielx64

Danielx64

• Global Moderator
  • 1,448 posts
Anytime Sam :)

2hgv0oy.png

sam3971

sam3971

• Global Moderator
  • 1,718 posts
Updated!

Posted Image

GothicDeath

GothicDeath

Gamer with needs lol

• Global Moderator
  • 2,689 posts
Working:

WoW
Darksiders 2
minecraft
The Amazing Spider-man
Tribes Ascend
Prototype 2 (in any version of windows, remove USB devices if crashes on load) Game bug not OS related.
Batman Arkham City & Asylum
Portal 1/2
TF2
UT3
and prob just about all the other steam games i have (not tested the rest yet) lol

Not working:

Transformers Fall of Cybertron

2wpiemh.png

sam3971

sam3971

• Global Moderator
  • 1,718 posts
Thank you for your submission. They are now on the second post with the others.  :headbang:

Posted Image

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,617 posts
I will be interested to see who all "complain" about games, I do, but them I also want all to know, that I am using a
Laptop (Desktop) AIO that when Windows 8 is installed calls it a "SLATE". It also is a TouchScreen.

Ok to clarify... it is a Dell 23" AIO 2305, that Dell offers only updates for Mobile, or Laptop, and M$ calls it Slate when I access
for drivers.... other 3d party software call it a Desktop....

IMHO M$ has screwed this 100%...
If I install every game that fails to work properly on Dell AIO 23" on a Desktop with a Standalone Monitor... all games play as should be expected... in FULL Screen... (I can not install Drivers for Windows 7 - the system 100% refuses them...
I also get on many Unrecognized OS... the system is Dual boot... Windows 8 Enterprise (RTM Activated) and Windows 8 Pro (RTM Activated).
so anybody that can help on this... 'I'm all ears - PS: every game has to be installed in Windows XP SP3 Compatibility.

(I also feel that it is Strange when I do have a "Submarine Game" that is Windows 7 Only on the DVD... I have to install an play in XP SP3 mode... (Silent Hunter)  I have not tried "Orcs must Die"

96ccd5e8-d519-4cda-9053-631ef1c070b8_zps

GothicDeath

GothicDeath

Gamer with needs lol

• Global Moderator
  • 2,689 posts
Working

Sims 3 with all expansions
Train Simulator 2012
All Angry Birds versions

2wpiemh.png

sam3971

sam3971

• Global Moderator
  • 1,718 posts
I am not sure Snuffy, the only thing I can think of is that Windows thinks your pc is a tablet and because of that you are showing the issues. I have not seen that anywhere else before.

Posted Image

Guest_srps_*

Guest_srps_*
  • Guests
Working:

Heroes of Might and Magic 2
Heroes of Might and Magic 3
Heroes of Might and Magic 5
Might and Magic: Heroes VI

The Secret World
Guild Wars 2
Torchlight
Torchlight 2
Diablo 2
Diablo 3

DOTA 2
Fallout: NV
Portal 2
Civilization 5
Civilization 5: Gods and Kings
Titan Quest
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne

Awesomenauts
Disciples III
Final Fantasy VII - 2012 release
Mass Effect 3
Path of Exile
Firefall

End of Nations
Rift
League of Legends
Borderlands
Borderlands 2
Dirt 3
Pocket Tanks Deluxe

Warcraft 3
Trackmania
Sine Mora
To the Moon
Trine
Darksiders
Darksiders 2

That's what I can recall right now, but I'm sure there are plenty more :P

assimilatorX

assimilatorX

• BeyondWindows9 Lover
  • 46 posts
Tried with different games:

Steam:
            Sniper Ghost Warior
            Aliens vs Predator

Uplay:
            Assassins Creed I/II
            FarCry 3
            Call of Juarez

Other:

Star Wars The Force Unleashed I/II
The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition

EA:
      Dragon Age / Origins / 2
      Mass Effect 1 2 3
      Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning
      Neverwinter Nights 2
      Crysis 1 2
      Syndicate

All working fine but i reluctant to say the same of the OS...Win 8 is a pile of junk.
After 4 hours i went back to Win SRV 2008 R2 smoother frame-rates... I using an Alienware M17X R2 with Intel i7 920XM 16GB ram and CFX 5870 combo with cat 12.11B11 no problem at all . But with win 8 under 4 hours i got numerous crashes. 1 related to power 2 related to my Radeon cards and one related my CPU power ??? WTF? Tested different radeon drivers after initializing Crossfire X immediate crash

BW9loverSmall_zps4a7056be.png

PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 249 posts
working:

Command & Conquer Gold Edition (Windows 95 Edition)

Posted Image

ComputerDoctor

ComputerDoctor

• Global Moderator
  • 3,695 posts
I got Interplay's non-interactive demo of Star Trek: Secret of Vulcan Fury to work, but Star Trek Pinball will not run in my 64 bit system.  It was fun trying!
I'll have to create a Virtual Machine!

1zbfi1f.jpg

dallenk

dallenk

• BeyondWindows9 Lover
  • 15 posts
I know that very few of the Gamehouse games will run on Win8, especially with the new installers!  I' ve had games from them since RealArcade.

It is as if Win8 has no idea what to do with their installers.  This is on a PC.  They ran fine on Win7, but refuse now.  Which is disappointing, since I'm left with FaceBook games.  And they get old after a while.

Hope something can be fixed!!!

20s60p3.png

ComputerDoctor

ComputerDoctor

• Global Moderator
  • 3,695 posts
I hope it's sooner than later!  I test some games for companies on Facebook.  They are avoiding Windows 8 so far, especially Internet Explorer 10.

1zbfi1f.jpg

rioter

rioter

• Members
  • 37 posts
Working:

NFS Most Wanted I
NFS  Most Wanted II
FIFA 13
PES 2013

Tested on HP ProBook 4530M , i5 8GB of Ram 750 GB HDD and 1GB AMD Radeon HD Graphic

Posted Image

MHalladay

MHalladay

• BeyondWindows9 Lover
  • 2 posts
Ricochet Infinity (not working)

Contacted Ricochet and they say they sold it to Amazon. Amazon won't help.  Older versions of Ricochet work. Like all of us we are hoping that it's a Windows 8 problem and eventually I'll get it back!  :histerija:

...Michael

ou1p2d.png

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,617 posts
I do not use or try any of the above... but I have found.
EVERYTHING THAT FAILS IN WINDOWS 8....
FIX

1. delete what you have tried to install.... DELETE is mantory... and I mean CLEAN uninstall with a CLean Uninstaller.
2. go back to the program... take the setup and set to XP SP3 compatibility MODE...
nothing else works... Not Vista or Windows 7... if you try you have to totally uninstall and clean again.

I ASK WHAT PART OF #2 DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND....

INSTALL  the program and when  ask to start  click finish and start.
If it does not start then move to "start page" click the Start Menu and 99.99.9% of all program then start and play.
once it starts and plays  then you can config to your preference... I have tested installed an PLAY some very old and very new Windows 7  Games. every one installs and plays...

96ccd5e8-d519-4cda-9053-631ef1c070b8_zps

MHalladay

MHalladay

• BeyondWindows9 Lover
  • 2 posts
Used REVO Uninstaller to completely get rid of Ricochet Infinity. Re-installed and it still failed exactly as before. So, Windows 8 problem? Reflexive.Com problem? DEFINITELY a problem. ... Michael  :|
 Post Merge: [time]1356923395[/time] 
Hold it ... will try again, I think I missed something you suggested. Back in a bit.  ... Sorry about that.

Post Merge: [time]1356924117[/time] 
Nope didn't work. Used Windows 8 Compatibility mode settings to XP (SP3) and same failure. Thanks for the pointer though. http://www.eightforu...indows-8-a.html

ou1p2d.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users