Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Best Linux Ever? Which is the friendliest distro?

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

Ap1962

Ap1962

Sr Member

• BeyondWindows9 Lover
  • 150 posts

Hello all,

I'm looking for linux server os including admin controll panel, like providers use in datacenters 

i will buy a own server, so that i can place them in a datacenter from my provider. I want also

use it for website and music streaming over the internet, i have licence's for to streaming the 

music. It cost me 82 Euro every month. I hope that someone can help me, about the best linux

os for to use it. I want buy my own server next month, thanks for all advice people

Regards from,

Ap1962 (Albert)

23u8kms.png

klown07

klown07

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 464 posts

Thank you for sharing this. I've tried many times, many different new and supposedly streamlined versions of linux distros. But there was still way too many issues and fiddling to do. I like simple, super simple if possible lol. Hardware issues, sound, etc etc. Ran into many problems. I have an HT Omega eClaro sound card. I actually have Zorin OS lol. Maybe I'll give the Live version a try.

• Dahaka and Maxed like this

Posted Image

hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006

• BW9 Donator +
  • 654 posts

Well i use Ubuntu 14.04 for Android compiling and i Use CentOS for anything relating to servers unless its a game server then thats a Ubuntu Server with Wine!

25qr9cy.png

My Current Gaming System

MSI GT72 6QD: Intel i7 6700HQ, 16GB DDR4, 256GB Samsung nVME SM951, 2x 1TB SanDisk X400 M.2, 1TB Hitachi HDD @7200RPM, nVidia GTX970M 6GB, Realtek 898 ALC with Nahimic and Dynaudio Speakers. Windows 10 Home OEM:DM upgrade to Windows 10 Pro (Legit). 230w PSU.

sjprg

sjprg

GFX & Images Related Software Expert

• Global Moderator
  • 1,786 posts

I've been playing with Mint 16, 64bit for a few days and installed the latest version of Corel after shot 2 and it is quite impressive as an imaging system on a single monitor.

• dave likes this

Posted Image
Paul

Ap1962

Ap1962

Sr Member

• BeyondWindows9 Lover
  • 150 posts

And what about Debian? I know it's a three dvd version, but can i use it as an server? I have try Ubuntu server version, but they found not my networkcard in my server. But the Ubuntu desktop version find them with no problems. I want use my server for my own websites and shoutcast server for streaming, the music over the internet and i have also licents from the Dutch copyright service company's like Sena and buma.stemra and i paid them every month 82 euro for the both lincentses

Edited by Ap1962, 08 June 2014 - 06:32 PM.

23u8kms.png

KC13

KC13

• Members
  • 24 posts

Over the last several weeks, I have tried dozens of distos and all freeze at one point or another on my HP laptop. Solaris 11.1 runs fine, but 11.2beta freezes. I would have gone with Solaris, but could not get my Broadcom based wifi card to work.

Posted Image

windrider

windrider

Sr Member

• BW9 VIP Platinum
  • 356 posts

Ubuntu Ultimate Edtions are my favorite.

@ KC13

I had problems with my older laptop and wifi, as it has a button in the front to enable wifi and it wouldn't work.

Linux picks up that I have a wifi, but just wouldn't work

This might help you

http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/692

For me I only had to open terminal and type

sudo modprobe b43

That enabled it finally

Then  I edited  blacklist.conf in etc/modprobe folder

put a # in front of the line : blacklist bcm43xx

• dave, cognizione, Dahaka and 1 other like this

2e6es5f.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users