Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

After "FBI Ransomware" removal Vista loads CMD instead of desktop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

rebelduke

rebelduke

• Members
  • 1 posts
It took quite a bit of effort to remove this malware since the laptop(Windows Home Premium x64) would not load Safe Mode.  I should say Safe Mode loads but the malware screen prohibits me from doing anything like running antivirus software.  I now have the malware removed but Windows boots into command console, c:\windows\system32.  I can type explorer and then I can exit the command console and be on the desktop.  Once at the desktop the laptop works fine.  Any suggestions as to how I can bypass the command console and get directly to the desktop?  Windows Startup Repair found no problem and the Registry looks correct.    Thank you.

Maxed

Maxed

SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 8,747 posts
the easiest way is to doa clean install and be done with it.

MaxedSig.png

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 14,642 posts
I use this method.... an has worked since XP.
1. insert bootable media
2. boot to an run setup
3. PAY ATTENTION NOW:
a. chose clean install. when ask
b. watch carefully and PAY ATTENTION.
c. at the 42% uncompress
1. remove media
2. force a REBOOT.

at the 42% this is exactly where the OS will be forced to read into and overwrite the old files with the Authorizy of Trusted which is what M$ is....
continue to allow the system to finish and when it auto reboots it should be exactly proper.... 99.9% of the time this is Final.

Old info provided by M$ to Beta Testers.... I pass this info alone with

WARNING; PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS....

96ccd5e8-d519-4cda-9053-631ef1c070b8_zps

ComputerDoctor

ComputerDoctor

• Global Moderator
  • 3,697 posts
I recommend to re-build the system.  get a good backup of your data, profile and internet specifications and start over.  No sense worrying later if you got everything or not.  A rootkit is a possibility.

1zbfi1f.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users