Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

is there any benefit to 64 xp over 32 xp?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

hackersnu

hackersnu

• BW9 Donator +
  • 4 posts
Im going to install xp on my system. I have a dual core 64 bit amd 6000 with 3gigs of ram. Should I go with 64xp or 32xp? Just wondering which one will give better performance.

DanielRemains

DanielRemains

The original DR

• BW9 Donator +
  • 1,639 posts
Well I never tried the 64bit version of XP but XP 32bit will see and use all of your 3gb of RAM. 32bit can use up to 3.25gb so you're good.. By the way XP 64bit is well known as a driver problem-causer :P

Posted Image

Soulfella

Soulfella

• Members
  • 6 posts
The 64bit was indeed faster in some areas but as the above posting states, it was a problem causer and software issues well that was a  :banghead: in it self, but its personal preference and you personalisation skills that will over come problems you face, for me in the end i reverted back to the 32bit version, but i still had fun in between..... Try you never know all systems are different and have their own personalities strange but true  :eek:  :histerija:
Posted Image

slacker

slacker

Dain Bramaged ɔǝlɐ ʇɹɐɯs

• BW9 Donator +
  • 1,646 posts
I'm running XP X64 on one machine right now. It is going to be a goner anytime now. It has too many strange little bugs happening for me. I was starting to think I did a bad install, but now I see others had issues too.

o89e9t.png

SmOkM

SmOkM

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 419 posts
stay with 32 with 3gigram

unless there's something specific you wont to run 64xp for , your just heading for a few pot holes.

if you want to try it don't wipe your 32 install.

@EverestUltimate

Yeah I've been using an x86 virtual also for various things :)

30sv794.png

hackersnu

hackersnu

• BW9 Donator +
  • 4 posts
OK i went with xp 32bit. Just not ready to jump on the win 7 band wagon. The vista to win 7 feels to much like the win me to win 2000 era. I'm kind of feed up with how Microsoft brings out sub par os's to flees $ from its users.  I might just go with Linux eventually.

slacker

slacker

Dain Bramaged ɔǝlɐ ʇɹɐɯs

• BW9 Donator +
  • 1,646 posts
I use Linux for certain things. I just can't use it for my every day use PC. There is too much trouble and effort to run some software, if you can run it at all. Not to mention some hardware incompatibility issues.

As long as MS doesn't screw up Windows 7 from what I've seen so far, it is a worthy, stable OS.  :headbang:

o89e9t.png

PsychoCarebear

PsychoCarebear

• BW9 Donator +
  • 54 posts

32bit can use up to 3.25gb

From my observations, 32 bit can read 4GB MINUS however much video RAM you have. My dad's, who has a 256MB graphic card, would read 3.75GB RAM;
my aunt's, who has a 512MB video card, would read 3.5GB RAM;
and mine, with a 1GB video card, would only read 3GB RAM.
(All three machines physically had 4GB RAM installed.)

Posted Image

Internet Explorer was made for one thing: to download Firefox

https://www.dropbox....ls/NTYyOTA1MjA5

Guest_Cancer_*

Guest_Cancer_*
  • Guests
XP x64 was pretty much a beta to drive into making Vista IMHO. Too much troubles and not really worth it. If you really want an x64 bit then get Win 7.

PsychoCarebear

PsychoCarebear

• BW9 Donator +
  • 54 posts

XP x64 was pretty much a beta to drive into making Vista IMHO. Too much troubles and not really worth it. If you really want an x64 bit then get Win 7.

XPx64 is Windows Server 2003 x64, with gui modifications and such to turn it into a workstation, and server roles removed.

Posted Image

Internet Explorer was made for one thing: to download Firefox

https://www.dropbox....ls/NTYyOTA1MjA5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users