Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 Android Subforum

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

divingbrit

divingbrit

Sr Member

• BW9 VIP Platinum
  • 119 posts

Confession time, I don't do Mobiles! but my partner has been given a new phone, and she has asked if anyone can recommend a free (!) program to transfer data from her old android  phone to her new android phone, hopefully via her computer so that she can back up the data first

Thanks

• gip and frenchie like this

Posted Image

ComputerDoctor

ComputerDoctor

• Global Moderator
  • 3,695 posts

If the user has an active account with Google and their setting on the phone is set to backup automatically, really all you need to do is stick your pictures and stuff on your SD and transfer it to the new phone.  When the new phone is booted, you login to your Google account and the system will ask if you want all apps restored from the old device or not.  I do it all the time in my work testing.  If there are any non-Google Play apps, don't forget to not loose the original install APKs.  You will need to install those again manually and the new device must be set to allow non-Google play app installations.

Want to use your PC?  Just connect to the PC, set the transfer mode in the device to file transfer and you should see it in Explorer.  Drag/copy/drop

A PC connected to the Internet should have a driver installed automatically, if needed.

• Snuffy, apocalypse and frenchie like this

1zbfi1f.jpg

ComputerDoctor

ComputerDoctor

• Global Moderator
  • 3,695 posts

Update on my Nexus 7 2013 - the data port died!  Could only use for charging.  I got a refurb unit last May and waiting to see if a Nexus/Pixel 7 will show up for 2017.  No more official upgrades for me after Android 6.0.1.

• Snuffy, apocalypse, Tetley and 1 other like this

1zbfi1f.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users