Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

How to restore to previous day?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

sjprg

sjprg

GFX & Images Related Software Expert

• Global Moderator
  • 1,798 posts
Do I use time machine to restore to a previous day or time?
And how. Looking at TM it does not make any sense to me.

Posted Image
Paul

aben2amu

aben2amu

MacOS Section Moderator

• 84 posts
Hi,

Do you want to restore your whole system to a previous date? This way has to be done via Recovery HD, then restore from TM and select date you want and restore.
If you need specific files, select the folder look for the file from the date you want and click restore.
Let me know if this helps you.

2rnvlky.png

sjprg

sjprg

GFX & Images Related Software Expert

• Global Moderator
  • 1,798 posts
I would like to restore the system to a previous date. Its easy on my PC. I have the time machine on an external USB hard drive.
Thanks

I figured out how to do a system restore. I just restored from a new download.

When finished I need to figure out how to restore my apps from the time machine.
  • fabjr likes this

Posted Image
Paul

aben2amu

aben2amu

MacOS Section Moderator

• 84 posts

I would like to restore the system to a previous date. Its easy on my PC. I have the time machine on an external USB hard drive.
Thanks

I figured out how to do a system restore. I just restored from a new download.

When finished I need to figure out how to restore my apps from the time machine.

To restore your apps, be careful which one you will restore.. the ones self-contained like any .app will be very easy to restore, but bigger apps like all Adobe stuff, Apple Pro Apps, need to be installed again.
To restore the apps, open Time Machine, select the Applications folder and select the date from the right, then click on the app, then restore.
I hope this helps.
Remember as long as your TM backups are fine without problems, you can restore the whole system the way I told you in previous message.

2rnvlky.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users