Welcome to Beyond Windows 9 - Portal to the Future
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fresh install won't install updates

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Nchalada

Nchalada

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 15 posts

Hiya peoples

A fresh install of X64 7 SP1on a Q6600 with 4gb ram is refusing to install some updates, and it seems my google-fu sucks

The list of updates is : kb2574819, kb2592687, kb2830477, kb2585542, kb2655992, kb2743555, kb2785220, kb2871997, kb2892074, kb2973351, kb2982378

I've tried M$'s fixit stuff, the KB947821-v33 readiness update thing, etc etc :/

Any ideas or helps?

Thanks

Nchy

Dahaka

Dahaka

Backup & HDD Tools Moderator

• 3,753 posts

There are some exotic configurations on which some updates do not work, or are not required. And in some rare cases, the servers from MS are lazy or have issues on delivering the updates - you can always try again later. If there is an error code you get - post it here.

• dave, Tetley, Nchalada and 1 other like this

ComputerDoctor

ComputerDoctor

• Global Moderator
  • 3,718 posts

Is the install media/source original?  Is your system now activated?  Have you tried installing the files one at a time?  Forget Google, go directly to Microsoft for answers and the original patches.  Many patches have prerequisites, and only at the official patch source will you get that information.

You might also try the WSUS offline updater (http://www.beyondwin...te-931/?hl=wsus), I find it never fails me.  Now at version 9.4.

• Snuffy, dave, Dahaka and 3 others like this

1zbfi1f.jpg

Snuffy

Snuffy

Senior Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 15,093 posts

these are to installed separately

MS Hotfix KB2592687 and its prerequisite, KB2574819, and as many reports, If any UPDATE  Fails from WUS, then download the KB and install manually.

I find that many systems need such  done this way... also make sure you install any Pre-Required, and REBOOT. if any FS has been updated and the REBOOT has not

been then it fails due to NOT being READ Properly.  also DISABLE or REMOVE any 3d Party AV or Fireway, AdWare, MalWare Programs. which might be causing the issue.

Also might tell us if You SP1 Update is a Genuine MS Release or where you did OBTAIN it. many None Genuine (modified SP1 ISOs) have things removed that will not allow full updates.

• Nchalada and Maxed like this

PM07fvlP.png

kaz31

kaz31

Sr Member

• BW9 Donator +
  • 7 posts

Is the install media/source original?  Is your system now activated?  Have you tried installing the files one at a time?  Forget Google, go directly to Microsoft for answers and the original patches.  Many patches have prerequisites, and only at the official patch source will you get that information.

You might also try the WSUS offline updater (http://www.beyondwin...te-931/?hl=wsus), I find it never fails me.  Now at version 9.4.

Tnx you. Have just upgraded my old Pc with SSD and installed windows 7 with SP1 to only discover that Windows Update was not working. Did some google legwork and it seems Microsoft have cut of windows update for fresh Windows 7 installs. So your WSUS offline updater is a saver. Tnx you, without it i would have been forced to upgrade to Windows 10. Have nothing against it on a machines that can run it and everything works, but this PC is just like first post running on old hardware.

• cognizione, Tetley and soundstyler like this

1rvjbd.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users